Sit down, relax and let me tell you a story about Nate Gable of UBG HOLSTERS.

stoneypete

NES Member
Back in mid Feb of this year I ordered the Canute holster from Nate at UBG HOLSTERS with an FBI cant. I even told Nate it was my birthday present. He made sure I got it in time for my birthday on March 2. The holster was incredible, I was very pleased.

Flash forward 7 months. There were some issues I had with the holster closing and I’d wished I’d ordered a 20 degree rake as the FBI rake (15 degrees) is not comfortable on my frame. When I wrote Nate I expected him to give me pointers on stiffening the leather to keep it open. He did the unexpected. He said he’d replace the holster at no charge. Seems he’d used thinner leather in the past and regretted that decision. So this time I ordered a belt and mag pouch to go along with the replacement holster.

My belt, mag pouch and replacement holster arrive in less than 14 days. The quality is top notch and every thing worked as designed. I’d heard for years that a proper belt is a must. Now I know from experience. If you do not have a gun belt…GET ONE. I highly recommend UBG belts. The new holster even had horse hide to help stiffen and keep it open.

I still had comfort issues. At Nate’s request I wore it for a week. I even wore it to my defensive pistol class. It performed flawlessly, but just was not as comfortable as I'd hoped. NATE REPLACED THE HOLSTER AGAIN. This time matching the cant I sent him in a picture via email.

The new one is PERFECT and now sits on my right hip. With the exception of the shower and places I’m not allowed to have my pistol, that is where it will be.

Nate means it when he says satisfaction is guaranteed. Thank you Nate for all your hard work.

Maker's mark. (No, not the whiskey.)

Front view

Rear View

The whole kit

Last edited:
Now that's customer service.

He's going on my list of holster makers to consider.

ETA: I can't believe he doesn't have fullsize S&W 3rd generation pistols or K frame revolvers on his list.

I may have to call and ask if he can do that. 3 - 5 week delivery for custom leather is most excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA: I can't believe he doesn't have fullsize S&W 3rd generation pistols or K frame revolvers on his list.

I may have to call and ask if he can do that. 3 - 5 week delivery for custom leather is most excellent.
It can't hurt to shoot him an email. I've heard on another forum that he's done some amazing stuff even for gun models he doen't have blanks for.

Well I just E-Mailed Nate, hopefully I will the proud owner of two new holsters soon. I sent him a bunch of questions [smile] .

I looking at the Striker 1 or the Canute (IWB) and either the Regulator or the Bonneville (OWB).

Great customer service - i am impressed with your story also.

Wonder what he would do for a group buy discount :) lol

Thinking I may have to inquire about something for the ole 642.

Back
Top Bottom