Singletary or Hamilton rod and gun

Hey guys, I’m new to NES here. I’m looking to get a membership at Singletary rod and gun
(Oxford) or Hamilton rod and gun
(Sturbridge). Just looking for pros and cons of both and if anyone here is a member of either, they could point me in the right direction of getting a sponsor to help me apply for a membership and/or show me around. I’ve been shooting a few years now and think it’s time join a club. Thanks !

Singletary has great trap fields.
Wow! It has been a LONG time since Singletary had any type of shotgun fields. They were closed down over 15 years ago.
It was a shame too, since they had a awesome trap program many years back. I used to shoot there under the lights during the week and sometimes on Sundays.
They do have a very large pistol/rifle range and host shoots open to the public.
There is as well as a large stocked pond. No indoor range but the hall is decent and hosts meat raffles and club parties as well as public functions. I shoot the pistol and rifle matches there and it is a great group of people.

Unfortunately their website has not been updated in a while but the membership application can be found there.
New members need a sponsor and have to help @ the annual field day at least the first year. It is their largest fundraiser of the year.

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Hamilton.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Wow! It has been a LONG time since Singletary had any type of shotgun fields. They were closed down over 15 years ago.
It was a shame too, since they had a awesome trap program many years back. I used to shoot there under the lights during the week and sometimes on Sundays.
They do have a very large pistol/rifle range and host shoots open to the public.
There is as well as a large stocked pond. No indoor range but the hall is decent and hosts meat raffles and club parties as well as public functions. I shoot the pistol and rifle matches there and it is a great group of people.

Unfortunately their website has not been updated in a while but the membership application can be found there.
New members need a sponsor and have to help @ the annual field day at least the first year. It is their largest fundraiser of the year.

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Hamilton.

Good luck.
Thank you both. I appreciate it. Let me know if you know of anybody willing to show me around and possibly help me out with a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom