• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sign the Petition: Save The Second!

Lets Get the Word out there!

Kinda sad that only 3K people have signed this thing... Lets go folks!! spread the word! Move it around get friends and family to sign it up!

Did anyone find out what or where the actual petition wording is?

BTW, if you just click the submit button without filling in any data, the counter keeps adding 1.

I'm waiting for actual petition text as well. The text in the OP is a letter encouraging people to sign the petition, and this same text appears on the website. A petition should clearly state its target and what it demands the target do. An example for this case might read:

"We, the undersigned, urge the United States Supreme Court to uphold the ruling of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in the District of Columbia v. Heller case."

Until I see something more substantial on that website I'm keeping my name off this. I sent an e-mail to Rep. Cantor asking him to post the actual petition wording.

0000007.gif

Last edited:
This is on the website just above the place to sign:

Have Signed the Petition
"Petition Text: I Support the Second Amendment and Urge the Supreme Court to Uphold Those Rights."

Hi In God We Trust. Just wondering what other forums you've added this to? To get the best outcome we need to add this to the big forums like AR-15, The High Road, The Firing Line, SAS, etc'. Not sure if you've done that or not.

Oh and I've signed it! There's no reason this petition shouldn't get tens of thousands of people to sign it. Other then us as gun owners being completely lazy. Something it seems we've been good at for years.

I have gladly added this to SplodeTV Thanks for posting that up In_God_We_Trust!

This is on the website just above the place to sign:

Quote:
Have Signed the Petition
"Petition Text: I Support the Second Amendment and Urge the Supreme Court to Uphold Those Rights."

If this is what you are signing, it is meaningless. Supporting the 2nd isn't the issue. What the 2nd means is the issue.

If the courts determine that the 2nd, as written, does not grant individual rights to bear arms, do you still support the 2nd?

If this is what you are signing, it is meaningless. Supporting the 2nd isn't the issue. What the 2nd means is the issue.

If the courts determine that the 2nd, as written, does not grant individual rights to bear arms, do you still support the 2nd?

QFT. This petition is useless.

Back
Top Bottom