• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG Sauer goes bankrupt; Eckernförde HQ to close

Sig USA and Sig Germany are completely different.
This, and the US company has a military contract. Might as well be printing money. If they had to, and they don't, they could close down everthing except manufacturing what the Mil is buying and still be OK.

This, and the US company has a military contract. Might as well be printing money. If they had to, and they don't, they could close down everthing except manufacturing what the Mil is buying and still be OK.
You mean like Colt did....oh....wait....nevermind.

Reading through many of these comments it’s apparent many don’t understand That Sig as you know them are a completely different company than Sig Sauer in Germany

they have no association what so ever and have not since 2000 , the German side of company was sold off, Renamed Swiss arms still used the Sig brand in their products and has been in failure ever since, this really isn’t new news

Reading through many of these comments it’s apparent many don’t understand That Sig as you know them are a completely different company than Sig Sauer in Germany

they have no association what so ever and have not since 2000 , the German side of company was sold off, Renamed Swiss arms still used the Sig brand in their products and has been in failure ever since, this really isn’t new news
This is also a good example of how mindlessly repeating what you hear on the internet can cause real world damages. Rumors that a company is failing can have serious impact on the company.

Sig US is just fine. Don't be a drone, check your facts.

This is also a good example of how mindlessly repeating what you hear on the internet can cause real world damages. Rumors that a company is failing can have serious impact on the company.

thats exactly what it thought when I readmany of the comments

not that I expected the media to know they were separate companies but I did expect the media to hope other didn’t know either and send the NH based company into damage control

amazing how just a headline can sway people’s opinions and thoughts these days

That's why the OP links to a story about the German company from a German website and refers to Eckernförde, which is in Germany.

Looks like the German progressives and greens are all "boo-hoo" that a German produced weapon is used for a homicide or suicide every 14 minutes. SIG Germany is apparently sick of being smeared with these lies and BS. It appears SIG apparently isn't getting the government contracts that Walther and H&K are getting either so they are bailing.

Ask Colt.

Yeah. But SIG never said, "Be gone, peasants!" Nor did they make a model named the 2000 that just wouldn't work. I mean, it was worse than that early 2000's South African gun that they completely recalled. (It looked like a space gun. I almost bought one.)

not to hijack but I'm absolutely astonished and stunned with how bad colt is run. It's almost as if the goal is for for the board of directors to out stupid each other.

I wouldnt sweat it if the gun you are buying has a lot of after market support.

This. I mean in this case it doesn't matter because SigSauer USA will be fine regardless, but honestly, also, if everyone bought replacement recoil, firing pin, and magazine springs, and had them on hand "guncompanyxyz" could go out of business tomorrow and you would have enough spares on hand to last a long time.

Maybe it's just me, but nearly every firearm I sent in for service somewhere, it had some kind of "infant teething problem" either due to poor QC or whatever, where the problem happened at the
very beginning of its service life. It's rare that something major happens once a gun has been "proven" unless a spring wears out or you have a cartridge failure/kaboom/casehead blowout or some kind of a negligence induced failure like a squib followed up with a live round.

-Mike

This. I mean in this case it doesn't matter because SigSauer USA will be fine regardless, but honestly, also, if everyone bought replacement recoil, firing pin, and magazine springs, and had them on hand "guncompanyxyz" could go out of business tomorrow and you would have enough spares on hand to last a long time.

Maybe it's just me, but nearly every firearm I sent in for service somewhere, it had some kind of "infant teething problem" either due to poor QC or whatever, where the problem happened at the
very beginning of its service life. It's rare that something major happens once a gun has been "proven" unless a spring wears out or you have a cartridge failure/kaboom/casehead blowout or some kind of a negligence induced failure like a squib followed up with a live round.

-Mike
Exactly.

The last handgun I purchased is a SW 929. I replaced all the springs, trigger, hammer, firing pin, cylinder release, grip, front sight ... all after market parts. The gun didnt need it (if I only wanted it for plinking on weekends), it was to turn a "competition ready" gun into an actual competition ready gun. Lol.

Even if a gun had a serious issue, a competent gunsmith could repair it on any gun.

everything in germany is going bankrupt. why should firearms manufacturer be exempt?

Back
Top Bottom