Sig P365 XL - Mass Compliant Version?

Only thing i didn't like was the gun was filthy and drenched in oil. I took the whole thing apart and cleaned and polished a few parts, then properly oiled it.

I noticed that too with my regular P365 at the first range trip. Not sure where it was even coming from since I had already inspected the components. About 5 rounds in, and there's oil dripping out of the trigger cut away onto my finger. Wiped it off, checked inside, and went back to shooting. Again, a few rounds in and its dripping again. They went heavy on the factory oiling.

A shocking conclusion to my story ...

After calling 4 more times yesterday with no answer I tried again this AM.

Someone answered the phone. Gun is back ordered with no estimate for when it will be available but I was able to order one with a 20% deposit shipped to my LGS.

It took a week to get someone to answer the phone and no one called me back after I left a message but at least I saved myself a 2 hour round trip drive to New Hampshire.

I included the P938 since you were considering it. I don’t like the 938 at all. The trigger is trash, the take up is sloppy, it has too much creep and the break is inconsistent. To be fair I expected a 1911 quality trigger and feel like Sig delivered way off that mark.
FWIW, that was not my experience at all; maybe you got a bad one. I have an older Sig P938 SAS (the dehorned version, but with normal sights and controls, NOT the P365 SAS nonsense). The trigger is on the heavy side for a 1911, but otherwise very nice. Excellent tiny little single-stack pistol, carries and shoots well. But it's only available in essentially that one configuration of slide and grip length, and I don't use mine much anymore now that I've switched to the P365 and P365XL.

That guy was a f***ing prick too. I almost kicked his ass cause he kept getting in front of me.
yo6lVV.gif

I think i saw today at the MFS them still selling those MA compliant P365s.

is the trigger weight the same for all of the versions, ie... free state vs mass? Or does the mass version have the 10lb trigger and the others have 5lb? I couldn't find any answers on trigger weight anywhere.

Does anybody have an answer to this question about the MA version's trigger? Am looking to grab one used and if there's a difference I'd like to avoid the MA version if possible.

Edit - just called Sig and asked. The MA version's trigger pull weight is the same as the non-MA version.

Last edited:
Does anybody have an answer to this question about the MA version's trigger? Am looking to grab one used and if there's a difference I'd like to avoid the MA version is possible.

Edit - just called Sig and asked. The MA version's trigger pull weight is the same as the non-MA version.
It’s the same!

Does anybody have an answer to this question about the MA version's trigger? Am looking to grab one used and if there's a difference I'd like to avoid the MA version is possible.

The MA version just has the manual safety. Not a big deal. You can remove it if you want.

The MA version just has the manual safety. Not a big deal. You can remove it if you want.

Sure, but then you have a gun with a mass SKU. Ewwww. No thanks. I was grossed out by it when i got a used P229 "M" years ago. Never again. It's like seeing a constant reminder of imprisonment.

Back
Top Bottom