Cash or Accessories

• I'd take the cash

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • I'd take the accessories

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

fencer

NES Member
Sig is offering customers who purchased the 556 either a $300 rebate OR $500 to spend on accessories. The $500 can be spent on any thing in the Sig Store, including .22 conversion kits for pistols, optics, magazines etc. but not firearms. Would you take the cash or the $500 in accessories?

Last edited:
How do you like your new 556?

I like it, I'd hate to admit it but I haven't shot it yet. I went to clean it and I realized that the slotted end that pulls the patch thru is .308. [hmmm][rolleyes] Duh, so I had to order another slotted tip from otis, I just got it.

Last edited:
I like it, I'd hate to admit it but I haven't shot it yet. I went to clean it and I realized that the slotted end that pulls the patch thru is .308. [hmmm][rolleyes] Duh, so I had to order another slotted tip from otis, I just got it.

LMAO! I picked up mine last Saturday and had it on the range Sunday. It was pretty cool. I got the SCM and I invited a member who picked up the DMR. Both rifles functioned flawlessly and I put some serious rounds down range, rapid fire.
Very happy with it and very impressed with the DMR

LMAO! I picked up mine last Saturday and had it on the range Sunday. It was pretty cool. I got the SCM and I invited a member who picked up the DMR. Both rifles functioned flawlessly and I put some serious rounds down range, rapid fire.
Very happy with it and very impressed with the DMR

Yeah, I'm an idiot, it took me a few times to realize it was the wrong caliber, I thought it was the patch. [laugh][smile]

Their accessories are overpriced, but even at those prices, I could save hundreds with 22 conversion kit for my 226. I could also pick up some extra mags even though they cost $44.

Decisions, decisions

They have not asked me yet but I'm going to go with the cash, the cash rebate is one of the only reasons I sprung for the SCM.

They have not asked me yet but I'm going to go with the cash, the cash rebate is one of the only reasons I sprung for the SCM.
Same here, and I really already have all the accessories I need. If they would have let me use the money towards a 522 or some training I would have thought about it.

Buy $500 worth of magazines. Sell for profit. End up with >$300 in cash. Worst case scenario, I'd have a bunch of magazines..That's a good problem to have [wink]

I took the $300 cash for my DMR. Like Blitz1 I still haven't had a chance to get to the range with it.

Weather is supposed to be good this weekend - I am going to have to go....

In TX you can do that, in MA we can't.

Did you buy one?

Not yet [grin] But that's just what I would do...they do sell 10-rounders...I'm not sure how much they go for in Mass., but even if you "lose" money on them you could end up with more than $300 in cash.

Brand new 10-round magazines go for $44 on Sig's website. You can buy 11 for $484. Seems like you can fetch at least $30/magazine on GunBroker...so you could easily make the $300 and then some...Of course, you'd have to decide if it's worth your time and hassle to do that..

Not yet [grin] But that's just what I would do...they do sell 10-rounders...I'm not sure how much they go for in Mass., but even if you "lose" money on them you could end up with more than $300 in cash.

Brand new 10-round magazines go for $44 on Sig's website. You can buy 11 for $484. Seems like you can fetch at least $30/magazine on GunBroker...so you could easily make the $300 and then some...Of course, you'd have to decide if it's worth your time and hassle to do that..

Umm...They take AR Mags. 30 Round mags $20.00 a piece here in MA. [rolleyes]

You're kidding right?

Last edited:
Umm...They take AR Mags. 30 Round mags $20.00 a piece here in MA. [rolleyes]

You're kidding right?

Sorry, I was referring to pistol magazines. I don't know what those go for in MA, but assuming GunBroker prices, you can still make more in cash than $300.

Sorry, I was referring to pistol magazines. I don't know what those go for in MA, but assuming GunBroker prices, you can still make more in cash than $300.

HA! I was wondering what you were talking about. [grin] I'll still take the cash though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom