Sig 320c vs HK p30sk

Laura

NES Member
Just curious to see what the responses would be - who has experience handling both guns? How do they compare and which did you prefer?

Just curious to see what the responses would be - who has experience handling both guns? How do they compare and which did you prefer?

I've got a 320C and love it. Great shooter. I like the eas of swapping grip modules and might get one of the 357 Sig kits one day.

While I don't own any HK handguns and have never shot a p30SK, a friend of mine just bought a VP 9 and I've put quite a few rounds through it over the last couple weeks... I just can't get used to the mag release on the HK. Although it's a great shooter too and feels great, I think that mag release would stop me from ever buying a HK unless I got a smoking deal.

First - two different trigger systems....well really three...
The P320 is a striker fired so its a fairly light trigger with a short length of travel. Th P30sk can be either DA/SA or LEM (light pull with long travel).
So its a personal preference on trigger type. I'm not a striker fan so I prefer the P30sk in either DA/SA or LEM.

Aloha

First - two different trigger systems....well really three...
The P320 is a striker fired so its a fairly light trigger with a short length of travel. Th P30sk can be either DA/SA or LEM (light pull with long travel).
So its a personal preference on trigger type. I'm not a striker fan so I prefer the P30sk in either DA/SA or LEM.

Aloha

^this
these are apples and oranges. both are good but it comes down to what the owner is looking for. anyone who tells you "this one is better" is simply stating their preferences. that being said, the P30 is better [rofl]

^this
these are apples and oranges. both are good but it comes down to what the owner is looking for. anyone who tells you "this one is better" is simply stating their preferences. that being said, the P30 is better [rofl]

Well, I have the VP9 which I love. The mag release isn't an issue with me...I think the Sig 320c though has a slimmer grip and weight wise, it's lighter than the HK from what I've read.

Well, I have the VP9 which I love. The mag release isn't an issue with me...I think the Sig 320c though has a slimmer grip and weight wise, it's lighter than the HK from what I've read.

are you looking for carry gun? if not i wouldn't bother with the P30SK if you already have a VP9 and you're happy with it. i will say with some certainty that the P320 is a very easy gun for anyone to pick up and shoot well. the P30 system, on the other hand, is typical HK hammer fired system which I personally dig but does have a learning curve. the triggers tend to stack especially when new so they either neeed some heavy use to really break in or some wolff springs.

also if you're newly getting into hammer fired guns, i wouldn't start with a subcompact hammer gun. i would start with something more full size to get the hang of DA/SA. perhaps a sig P229, HK P30, HK USP or something along those lines. the 3rd gen S&W hammer guns such as 5906 and 3913 are also fantastic shooters.

I have the HK P2000sk as well as Glocks (26, 19, 17) Massad Ayoob did a great write up on the Sig 320 so that has my attention. I nearly bought the P30sk but just didn't make the leap yet.

It's really not fair to compare triggers on DA/SA hammer vs striker fire.

As for finish, I'd say they're comparable.
Fit, I think the 320C fits my hand better than the p30sk.

Haven't shot the p30sk so, no info there.

I have the HK P2000sk as well as Glocks (26, 19, 17) Massad Ayoob did a great write up on the Sig 320 so that has my attention. I nearly bought the P30sk but just didn't make the leap yet.

the P2000sk is the exact same gun as the P30sk except the P30sk has a few changes in the grip, rail, mag release. nothing major just external parts. the internals are 100% interchangeable. if you like your P2000sk and you want a different grip then voila there's your P30sk. otherwise no point.

IMO the safety levers on the P30sk are ridiculous. mine does not have these and i see no point other than cluttering up the gun with extra levers.

All depends on your hand size. I had a P30SK and while the trigger was decent along with the grip, I couldn't get over the fact my pinky would hang over the base of the mag. Could never get a firm grasp while shooting.

Currently have a 320C and so far I love it minus the mag restrictions. All I've done to it is the flat faces Apex trigger along with Dawson's sights. Every time I shoot it she puts a smile on my face.

All depends on your hand size. I had a P30SK and while the trigger was decent along with the grip, I couldn't get over the fact my pinky would hang over the base of the mag. Could never get a firm grasp while shooting.

Currently have a 320C and so far I love it minus the mag restrictions. All I've done to it is the flat faces Apex trigger along with Dawson's sights. Every time I shoot it she puts a smile on my face.

I have handled the p30sk and my pinky kind of hangs there which I don't like. The p2000sk just fits my hand better and feels great. I think I'm going to get the 320c as I'd like something different...that I can grip more comfortably.

I have handled the p30sk and my pinky kind of hangs there which I don't like. The p2000sk just fits my hand better and feels great. I think I'm going to get the 320c as I'd like something different...that I can grip more comfortably.

you can modify the p2000sk mags pinky rest floorplate to work on the p30sk or buy this

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30SK-Finger-Extension-Pinky-Rest-205p17853.htm

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17993&idcategory=0

Last edited:
For me, these guns are different enough from each other so they could both hold a spot in the Arsenal. I have interest in both and wish i could find a range that rents out both. The p30sk for primary ccw and p320c for night stand/range gun for my small hands.

If your going to get the Sig get it soon if you can find one, they seem to be going fast since they got the Army contract. I love mine and I am not a big striker fired fan,

Back
Top Bottom