• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig 320C Recall/Shipment

On the truck for delivery today, shipped on Saturday, delivered to Sig on Monday, return shipment on Wednesday, delivery Thursday. 5 days total, not bad. Have to make it to the range this weekend to test it out.

Thanks. Brought it to FedEx in Norwood, handed it to the guy, told him it was a firearm, he thanked me for telling him and that was it. In and out in a minute.

The real fun is going to be trying to be home when they return it...

I have had several guns I got on Gunbroker shipped to me by FedEx. When FedEx lets me know a package is coming I have it held @ the FedEx Office in Dedham. FedEx lets me know when the package is ready for pickup and I just go down there and get when I have a few minutes. The FedEx Office will hold it for up to five days. Some Walgreens are also FedEx "access points" which means you can have a package shipped to a Walgreens access point and get at your convenience.

I have had several guns I got on Gunbroker shipped to me by FedEx. When FedEx lets me know a package is coming I have it held @ the FedEx Office in Dedham. FedEx lets me know when the package is ready for pickup and I just go down there and get when I have a few minutes. The FedEx Office will hold it for up to five days. Some Walgreens are also FedEx "access points" which means you can have a package shipped to a Walgreens access point and get at your convenience.
Never heard of a FedEx depot in Dedham. Where are you talking about? They could have opened one while I wasn't looking.

Thanks. Brought it to FedEx in Norwood, handed it to the guy, told him it was a firearm, he thanked me for telling him and that was it. In and out in a minute.

The real fun is going to be trying to be home when they return it...

It's even more of a challenge when you get no e-mail with a delivery date and they just show up. I was glad my wife was home to sign for it..

I had an awful experience.

I sent my 320 in last week for the update. They send me an email Tuesday saying it will be at the house on Wednesday. Great. No heads up or reasonable time to plan. So I call FedEx to see if I could hold it at a depot so I can pick it up. NOPE. Sig puts some bs restrictions on there shipments. All other manufacturers allow you to put a hold for you to pick it up at a location.

Anyway, I take the day off and low and behold - the idiots put the WRONG address on the shipping label. When I saw this in the system, I called FedEx. It took me two hours to convince them to let me pick it up. Some moron at Sig put the wrong house number on the label. I don’t blame FedEx and am very thankful for them cleaning up Sig’s mess. Even though I had to drive 30 mins and then wait in a parking lot for over an hour for the driver to return from his route.

I called Sig today. They said it was a clerical error. Ya-thanks captain obvious. In the end, they couldn’t care less.

Sig ain’t who they used to be.

Last edited:
Any noticeable difference in the triggers coming back with respect to weight, etc?
Yes. I sent a mass gun in and I like the reset better after the update. The only issue I have is that I converted mine to a no safety trigger pack using a trigger pin from another Sig model. It doesn’t work anymore. The trigger binds with the new parts they add to the trigger pack. I put it back to stock and all is correct again.

I think I’ll just buy a no safety model if I ever get the need to carry a p320. It was a gift so it’s a sentimental reason why I even own one with a safety.

Last edited:
Never heard of a FedEx depot in Dedham. Where are you talking about? They could have opened one while I wasn't looking.
I was referring to the FedEx Office at the rotary where Washington Street & Route 1 intersect. I have had four guns shipped there, never a problem. Get the FedEx app for your phone, they will keep you updated every step & you can manage the shipment. I always ask dealers to ship FedEx & give me a tracking number, once I get that I have the shipment diverted to FedEx Office and pick it up there on my schedule.

TIP: I always tell shipper to put just a plain name and return address on shipping label -- nothing that says "gun". I did get a Priority Mail signature required package one time from "Bill's Gun Shop" and I wasn't too thrilled about that. Luckily my mailman is cool about this kind of stuff.

OK, I know the place you (LLF) refer to. It's a storefront (ex Kinkos style) and actually illegal for them to take the guns or ammo. Only depots are "common carrier" status which makes it legal for them to handle gun shipments. Not your problem however.

OK, I know the place you (LLF) refer to. It's a storefront (ex Kinkos style) and actually illegal for them to take the guns or ammo. Only depots are "common carrier" status which makes it legal for them to handle gun shipments. Not your problem however.
I have to send a gun out for repairs in January for which I plan to use the FedEx station in Needham on 3rd Avenue. I am assuming that will be OK.

I filled out the form on the 9th of November, finally got an email today with instructions and telling me to keep an eye out for another email with a shipping label. Almost two months, but at least I got to hang on to it and shoot it in the mean time.

Got my ship label and shipped 12/21/17 from Peabody, delivered to Sig 12/26. Just got tracking email from Sig shipped back to me on 12/28 and to be delivered 1/2/18. The only thing I question Fed Ex is that going both ways, package goes by truck to Newark, NJ and comes back to Ma. Gun should get frequent traveler miles! Very impressed with the unbelievable turn around at SIG!!!

Got my ship label and shipped 12/21/17 from Peabody, delivered to Sig 12/26. Just got tracking email from Sig shipped back to me on 12/28 and to be delivered 1/2/18. The only thing I question Fed Ex is that going both ways, package goes by truck to Newark, NJ and comes back to Ma. Gun should get frequent traveler miles! Very impressed with the unbelievable turn around at SIG!!!

From Methuen, mine went to Londonderry to Sig and back via the same route. Was even a day early back to me earlier than they said, but I was not home to sign for it so it ended up being the scheduled day.

I'm not sending mine in; I'm not planning on dropping it. Have yet to drop a firearm and if I do it's because the other guy got the drop on me and I will have no need for a pistol/rifle after that. From what I hear the turn around has been very fast for those who choose the "upgrade".

Do what you want I hate the look and feel of the 320 but I have dropped a Glock out of a holster carrying a backpack one time. Had it been a 320 I'd have shot off half my foot

You all got lucky with the quick turnaround. Tomorrow makes two weeks since I sent it out, still no email about the return trip. I didn't think I'd be this long without it!

FWIW sig is being a bunch of douchebags on this and they absolutely refuse to take pistols sent in from dealers. (which honestly is f***ing mind boggling, considering it would probably expedite service, cost them less money to ship the gun back, etc) This is a huge pain in the ass for me because it means I basically have to take time off from work to receive 2 handguns on the way back. And if they don't allow a diversion or hold, that is an even bigger punch in the groin. It's too bad they just don't have a network of armorers you can go to, send them a bundle of parts and go to an FFL and get it fixed. I'd even pay an armorer $50+ to do it rather than go through the bullshit.

ETA: They also wouldn't even take a drop off/pick up via the pro shop, already asked them about that, too. wtaf? christ.

-Mike

I wish you could just bring it up to the pro shop. I've been holding out in hopes that they let us do that at some point. I've got two p320's, and every time I get around to thinking about this I read this thread and hold out a little longer.

I wish you could just bring it up to the pro shop. I've been holding out in hopes that they let us do that at some point. I've got two p320's, and every time I get around to thinking about this I read this thread and hold out a little longer.

I wouldn't hold out hope, It seems that absent certain exceptions, customer service in the commodity gun end of the industry is at an all time low. We're not going to get the "Burger King" special anytime soon, I don't think.

-Mike

FWIW sig is being a bunch of douchebags on this and they absolutely refuse to take pistols sent in from dealers. (which honestly is f***ing mind boggling, considering it would probably expedite service, cost them less money to ship the gun back, etc) This is a huge pain in the ass for me because it means I basically have to take time off from work to receive 2 handguns on the way back. And if they don't allow a diversion or hold, that is an even bigger punch in the groin. It's too bad they just don't have a network of armorers you can go to, send them a bundle of parts and go to an FFL and get it fixed. I'd even pay an armorer $50+ to do it rather than go through the bullshit.

ETA: They also wouldn't even take a drop off/pick up via the pro shop, already asked them about that, too. wtaf? christ.

-Mike

They have the same return policy on their warranty. Total slap in the face after paying $50 to ship their broken product back to get fixed.

I guess I’m the outlier when it comes to Sig customer service. I noticed a largely cosmetic machining flaw on one of my guns, sent them a few pics and a prepaid shipping label was emailed 2 days later.
Dropped it off at fedex and done. They’re replacing the slide for me at no charge.

Maybe the 320 process is different but I could’ve had it shipped to/from an ffl if I preferred.

They don’t want them dropped at pro shop because armorers and all small parts are at main facility. They have stopped stocking all small parts, even grips, at the pro shop.

I guess I’m the outlier when it comes to Sig customer service. I noticed a largely cosmetic machining flaw on one of my guns, sent them a few pics and a prepaid shipping label was emailed 2 days later.
Dropped it off at fedex and done. They’re replacing the slide for me at no charge.

Maybe the 320 process is different but I could’ve had it shipped to/from an ffl if I preferred.

They don’t want them dropped at pro shop because armorers and all small parts are at main facility. They have stopped stocking all small parts, even grips, at the pro shop.
they've stopped stocking 320 grip modules at the sig pro shop????

Back
Top Bottom