• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig 320C Recall/Shipment

Received the email to ship the pistol back. Sig provided me w/a FEDEX label and instructions to take off aftermarket parts and ship it with 90 days. 4-6 week turnaround. Anyone shipped their pistol back?

Received the email to ship the pistol back. Sig provided me w/a FEDEX label and instructions to take off aftermarket parts and ship it with 90 days. 4-6 week turnaround. Anyone shipped their pistol back?

What's the reason for the recall?

I got one from Carl when they were on sale and sent the request to Sig same day. They confirmed my info and I am just waiting for shipping label.

Goes BANG when dropped. Or can. Dallas PD identified the problem and ordered officers to stop carrying until Sig can fix the guns. Sig has offered a "voluntary upgrade" for the issue.

That's an easy fix don't drop it.

Shipped my RX compact Friday. Saw a buddy at the range Saturday and he was shooting his just back from Sig. A little over two week turnaround.

What if the safety is off?

My thoughts as well. I thought (at least early on) Sig stated that the Army version was not susceptible to the drop discharge nor was the MA version. I don’t know the internal design differences between the free state and out versions.

i still find it funny that being drop safe is now considered an "upgrade".

regardless, for those who have had their pistols "upgraded" can you specify what was changed? was the trigger itself exchanged? i hope they don't screw around too much with the sear or internals.

. . . can you specify what was changed? was the trigger itself exchanged?

Google is your friend. The information isn't hard to find. If you want it in one place, go over to the Sig forum, wade through a few dozen pages of BS in the 320 upgrade threads, and you will find what you're looking for.

And you won't get an e-mail from Sig or the shop where you purchased the gun. Since it is a "voluntary upgrade" no official tracking and notification is required.

Hmm you got the email directly from Sig?
i bought mine from Pullman Arms. Not sure if I'll get a notification.
My pistol is not a Ma. version. I went to the Sig website and registered it and they said they would contact me when they were ready to take it back and "fix" the problem. There's a whole thread on this from a few months ago when the problem first surfaced.

I'm not sending mine in; I'm not planning on dropping it. Have yet to drop a firearm and if I do it's because the other guy got the drop on me and I will have no need for a pistol/rifle after that. From what I hear the turn around has been very fast for those who choose the "upgrade".

Anyone know if they can do this at sig in NH?

I didn't see any options for going to Sig in NH to have them do the work directly.

Still waiting for my shipping label. How did you guys ship it back?

I got an email with the RMA number with shipping instructions that you print and put in the box (You supply your own shipping box. They recommend you ship your gun in the original plastic container minus any accessories and put the plastic box in the shipping box). I received a second email with the FedEx shipping label last Thursday 10/26. I printed up the label and brought my package to the FedEx main facility in Worcester today, 11/1. We'll see how long it takes to get back. I had the lower cerakoted so hopefully they don't have to replace it. If they do replace the lower that would stink but better that than getting shot.

Google is your friend. The information isn't hard to find. If you want it in one place, go over to the Sig forum, wade through a few dozen pages of BS in the 320 upgrade threads, and you will find what you're looking for.

Or you could have just answered the question instead of being a dick and saved him/her the effort of "wade through a few dozen pages of BS". Unreal.

Back
Top Bottom