Sig 320C Recall/Shipment

I didn't see any options for going to Sig in NH to have them do the work directly.

I got an email with the RMA number with shipping instructions that you print and put in the box (You supply your own shipping box. They recommend you ship your gun in the original plastic container minus any accessories and put the plastic box in the shipping box). I received a second email with the FedEx shipping label last Thursday 10/26. I printed up the label and brought my package to the FedEx main facility in Worcester today, 11/1. We'll see how long it takes to get back. I had the lower cerakoted so hopefully they don't have to replace it. If they do replace the lower that would stink but better that than getting shot.

Worcester or West Boylston? If Worcester, which one?

I didn't see any options for going to Sig in NH to have them do the work directly.

I got an email with the RMA number with shipping instructions that you print and put in the box (You supply your own shipping box. They recommend you ship your gun in the original plastic container minus any accessories and put the plastic box in the shipping box). I received a second email with the FedEx shipping label last Thursday 10/26. I printed up the label and brought my package to the FedEx main facility in Worcester today, 11/1. We'll see how long it takes to get back. I had the lower cerakoted so hopefully they don't have to replace it. If they do replace the lower that would stink but better that than getting shot.

i received a FedEx shipping email at 12:30 AM last night that my P320 left Sig. They shipped it back 2nd day and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday 11/8). If that goes as planned the total turnaround time including shipping was one week for me. As long as my cerakoted lower is still included I’d be very happy.

Tom

Any noticeable difference in the triggers coming back with respect to weight, etc?

I've had a few family members sick lately I've been taking care of so my free time has been non-existent but if I get a chance I'll try to drop by the Gun Parlor in Worcester and see if I can do a quick comparison of my "upgraded" P320 and one they have in stock without the upgrade.

Unfortunately other than dry firing it I never got a chance to take my P320 to the range. I bought it, had it cerakoted and then had multiple things blow up in my life so it has sat in the safe until the recall was announced.

Does anyone know what Sig is actually doing to "upgrade" the triggers so they are drop safe?
I'm having trouble finding out what the fix actually is.

I called the Pro Shop early on to see if locals can just drop it off there and pick it up there when done (Like I do fo repairs) and they said not with the upgreade. Has to go via fedex.

I've had a few family members sick lately I've been taking care of so my free time has been non-existent but if I get a chance I'll try to drop by the Gun Parlor in Worcester and see if I can do a quick comparison of my "upgraded" P320 and one they have in stock without the upgrade.

Unfortunately other than dry firing it I never got a chance to take my P320 to the range. I bought it, had it cerakoted and then had multiple things blow up in my life so it has sat in the safe until the recall was announced.

I received my P320 back today as expected. It was shipped in a brown cardboard box which contained the plastic Sig box the pistol originally shipped in with the same serial numbers. Within the container was my pistol (including the cerakoted lower in perfect shape), a new manual for the P320 X-Series since the changes made were aligned to that model, a Sig sticker and a card for 25% off from your next purchase from the Sig store. Also the pistol was extremely well lubricated and shipped in a plastic bag within the case. The process was easy, fast and painless. I'm satisfied.

As far as the trigger goes it feels just a touch heavier to me but not unreasonably so and it still seems crisp. The reset is short and as the video in this thread indicated, the trigger itself is physically thinner and quite comfortable. Keep in mind I'm comparing the changes to how I remember my P320 before the upgrade so what I really need to do is go to the local gun store and check it out against one that hasn't been upgraded.

Tom

I received my P320 back today as expected. It was shipped in a brown cardboard box which contained the plastic Sig box the pistol originally shipped in with the same serial numbers. Within the container was my pistol (including the cerakoted lower in perfect shape), a new manual for the P320 X-Series since the changes made were aligned to that model, a Sig sticker and a card for 25% off from your next purchase from the Sig store. Also the pistol was extremely well lubricated and shipped in a plastic bag within the case. The process was easy, fast and painless. I'm satisfied.

As far as the trigger goes it feels just a touch heavier to me but not unreasonably so and it still seems crisp. The reset is short and as the video in this thread indicated, the trigger itself is physically thinner and quite comfortable. Keep in mind I'm comparing the changes to how I remember my P320 before the upgrade so what I really need to do is go to the local gun store and check it out against one that hasn't been upgraded.

Tom

I had a chance to check my upgraded P320 with one that hasn't received it. I couldn't notice a difference between the triggers.

Mine took 13 days round trip. Trigger looks the same, but feels lighter. By my Lyman, it measures 6 lbs, 10 oz which iirc is about a lb less than when I sent it in.

I assume when you bring it to Fedex that you have to tell them it's a firearm? I haven't shipped a firearm before.
I've never used fedex, we don't get along. ups asks you what is in the box on the form. if you want insurance on your item, sure. if not, I guess you could tell 'em it was anything you want. I have no problem telling them what's in the box. the counter person always asks if it's loaded or is there ammo in the same box. i'm assuming they're told to ask. it's not their first rodeo, you're not the only one to ever ship a firearm. don't be afraid, just insure.

This brings up a good, but maybe slightly off topic, issue. During the last S&W group tour we did back in 2012, our tour guide told us that the first thing they do when they get a gun back in for repair is check to see if it's loaded. That happens at receiving. He said that it's not at all unusual to have loaded guns shipped to them for repair. The take home lesson being make sure it's unloaded before you ship it. Sounds silly, but it does happen.

So, it's not unreasonable for FedEx or UPS to ask at the counter.

I've never used fedex, we don't get along. ups asks you what is in the box on the form. if you want insurance on your item, sure. if not, I guess you could tell 'em it was anything you want. I have no problem telling them what's in the box. the counter person always asks if it's loaded or is there ammo in the same box. i'm assuming they're told to ask. it's not their first rodeo, you're not the only one to ever ship a firearm. don't be afraid, just insure.

Thanks gents. Normally I wouldn't ask and I'd declare it as I've read about. What throws me off is that Sig's instructions for bringing it to Fedex (has to be Fedex because Sig provides the shipping label for fedex in this case), I would have thought Sig would have mentioned that you are supposed to declare it. The instructions are so detailed that the omission messed me up.

Thanks gents. Normally I wouldn't ask and I'd declare it as I've read about. What throws me off is that Sig's instructions for bringing it to Fedex (has to be Fedex because Sig provides the shipping label for fedex in this case), I would have thought Sig would have mentioned that you are supposed to declare it. The instructions are so detailed that the omission messed me up.
You can bet that Sig already declared it when they created the prepaid label. I know that S&W does it that way.

Thanks. Brought it to FedEx in Norwood, handed it to the guy, told him it was a firearm, he thanked me for telling him and that was it. In and out in a minute.

The real fun is going to be trying to be home when they return it...

Thanks. Brought it to FedEx in Norwood, handed it to the guy, told him it was a firearm, he thanked me for telling him and that was it. In and out in a minute.

The real fun is going to be trying to be home when they return it...
There is no FedEx in Norwood, that is a Kinko's store with FedEx drop-off abilities. They aren't legally covered for possession of firearms/ammo which is why they aren't legally allowed to accept such shipments. No issue to you however.

They don't do a lot to advertise that they are Kinkos
PMXKK.jpg

Fed Ex bought Kinko's and re-named it Fed Ex Office, so it is the same company, unlike UPS stores that iirc are franchised.

Fed Ex bought Kinko's and re-named it Fed Ex Office, so it is the same company, unlike UPS stores that iirc are franchised.
It's still not a legal site to drop off guns/ammo. I once did business with that location until "overnight" shipment didn't go out that day and they were legal documents that had to get to an attorney's office (in Needham area IIRC) 1st thing the next morning. When I found out (no apologies given), the attorney sent her paralegal to meet me there and take possession of the package/documents that following morning. Talked with the manager there and would never go back there for anything.

didn't see any options for going to Sig in NH to have them do the work directly...

They will not accept any upgrades at the Pro Shop . The work is done at the old exeter location for most upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom