• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion

Hello all,

Was looking at this gun the other day and really liked it. I have been trying to find if anyone knows the naming reasons behind this name?

I obviously know it doesn't matter in the long run, this is more out of curiousity.

Dan

First I heard of it. I like the looks but I'll guess it was done to grab the run off market from that USMC Colt. Thats what immediately comes to mind when i saw it for the first time. A pricey gun, the Colt. I think I saw sig has this msrp under $1k. Hell, I'd buy one, I like sigs 1911 style pistols.

It is a nice looking and feeling gun. The grips were very nice. Not too aggressive but very grippy. It is a little darker than the new usmc colt, that looks more like the regular scorpion.

First I heard of it. I like the looks but I'll guess it was done to grab the run off market from that USMC Colt. Thats what immediately comes to mind when i saw it for the first time. A pricey gun, the Colt. I think I saw sig has this msrp under $1k. Hell, I'd buy one, I like sigs 1911 style pistols.

The Scorpion came out first.

Back
Top Bottom