SHTF Vehicle of Choice?

what is the current equivalent of the CUCV?

There really isn't anything out in the truck world that's not regulated buy a computer these days.

Your best bet is to find something like a CUCV or a mid 80's Chevy with a 6.2 and make it into what would be a CUCV. Or look for a late 80's Dodge with a 6BT or even the old Pre 93 Ford with a 7.3 power stroke. Any one of these trucks will not need any real electronics for them to run or shift for that matter.

Im still considering a bread truck or a old delivery truck with a 4bt or 6bt, even one with a 4spd stick.

Jason.

I can't believe no one has brought this up already, but a tank is the ultimate vehicle I would want.

1. you can just roll on over about anything in your way, or go through buildings.
2. what you can't roll over, you just blow up to ruble, then roll over them.

Crappy on gas mileage, but when you point that cannon at people, they tend to give you what you want.

http://www.legacypowerwagon.com/

legacy-power-wagon-xl.jpg

super drool. Price tag is a tad too much for me though..yeesh.

I can't believe no one has brought this up already, but a tank is the ultimate vehicle I would want.

1. you can just roll on over about anything in your way, or go through buildings.
2. what you can't roll over, you just blow up to ruble, then roll over them.

Crappy on gas mileage, but when you point that cannon at people, they tend to give you what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that doesn't do the job, it's time to hang it up and let the zombies take you...

I'd probably do like the guy in Walking Dead, shoot out the tires by accident with an AK-47, lol.

Not sure that's possible with an MRAP, but I think the vehicle in Walking Dead was a regular truck.

Last edited:
I would pick something that doesn't scream " take my stuff", half joking but a honey wagon cleaned out, and modified might be the thing. Who would go after that lol

I would pick something that doesn't scream " take my stuff", half joking but a honey wagon cleaned out, and modified might be the thing. Who would go after that lol

Heavy duty trash trucks work too. Lots of storage space, lots of mass, just need to make the outside look and smell as bad as possible. Also the dumpster dumping trucks have those forks that might be useful if modified right...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i like all the dream trucks out there but you need to figure that time is not a luxury we have. it you have an hour what do you take? i figure i would take my short mason dump because it is semi bullet resistant and has good capacity in the back for essentials, plus it has six wheel traction, lots of power and would have my eight foot diamond plow on the front for pushing crap. if i grab some insulated panels to sleep on and a waterproof tarp, it would go a long way in terms of survival.

i like all the dream trucks out there but you need to figure that time is not a luxury we have. it you have an hour what do you take? i figure i would take my short mason dump because it is semi bullet resistant and has good capacity in the back for essentials, plus it has six wheel traction, lots of power and would have my eight foot diamond plow on the front for pushing crap. if i grab some insulated panels to sleep on and a waterproof tarp, it would go a long way in terms of survival.

having a dump truck would be a dream truck for me.

Wifes '14 accent 340 miles to one 10 gallon tank, bring a 5gal fuel can and im good for 510miles put some run flats on the bitch.... When i get with in 100 miles of my destination, shoot someone and take there bis ass 4x4

Wifes '14 accent 340 miles to one 10 gallon tank, bring a 5gal fuel can and im good for 510miles put some run flats on the bitch.... When i get with in 100 miles of my destination, shoot someone and take there bis ass 4x4

You're assuming that the roads are available for you to drive on. All major highways are going to be grid locked quickly.

Note to self: When SHTF shoot anyone with a 2014 accent in the face on sight.

Last edited:

Note to self: When SHTF shoot anyone with a 2014 accent in the face on sight.

That can be construed as a threat, and i welcome the challenge lol

ok, maybe, but 'shoot someone and take there bis ass 4x4' isn't....if you own a 'bis ass 4x4'?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom