SHTF Response - Domestic War

OK, so which naval power is going to attack us? The US Navy is the largest in the world, larger than the next 13 navies COMBINED. China doesn't have the naval power to invade Taiwan, just a few miles from their coast. Even if Russia had a significant navy (which they don't anymore), their military is a hollow shell, and they are always worried about the 2 billion Chinese on their border.

The Canadians? Their military consists of 3 mounties, a kayak, a pickup truck, and a kite.

The Mexican Army couldn't organize a piss-up in a pub.

%^#$%$# funny about the Canadians[rofl]

I was in Vancouver for work recently. I was told by the locals that "NYPD has more personel than the Canadian Armed Forces" Not the Canadian Army, not the Canadian Airforce or the Canadian Navy - All of the Canadian Military. Combined.

I was in Vancouver for work recently. I was told by the locals that "NYPD has more personel than the Canadian Armed Forces" Not the Canadian Army, not the Canadian Airforce or the Canadian Navy - All of the Canadian Military. Combined.

I think that is a slight exaggeration. The Canadian Defense Forces has ~65,000 active duty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces

NYPD has around 35,000 officers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department

About ten years ago I had a conversation with a RCN (Royal Canadian Navy) Officer and he told me at the time the Canadian Navy had under 40 ships. Taiwan, a small island smaller than all of New England combined has over 40 ships. Yes, I know the Canadians don't have the world's biggest bully 90 miles away and the Taiwanese do.

For years, the Canadian military's worst enemy has been the Canadian government.

About ten years ago I had a conversation with a RCN (Royal Canadian Navy) Officer and he told me at the time the Canadian Navy had under 40 ships. Taiwan, a small island smaller than all of New England combined has over 40 ships. Yes, I know the Canadians don't have the world's biggest bully 90 miles away and the Taiwanese do.

Looks like it is 33 now: http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms/1/1_eng.asp

Of course, Taiwan has China just over the straights constantly threatening to invade.

For years, the Canadian military's worst enemy has been the Canadian government.
No argument there.

For some reason I don't think 40 Warships in the Tawain Navy is doing much to prevent China from invading. I think it has a lot more to do with the USN, USAF, USA, USMC and the fact that the Chinese economy is virtually dependant on American consumerism.

For some reason I don't think 40 Warships in the Tawain Navy is doing much to prevent China from invading. I think it has a lot more to do with the USN, USAF, USA, USMC and the fact that the Chinese economy is virtually dependant on American consumerism.

Also the fact that China simply doesn't have the naval power to perform an invasion.

The Canadians? Their military consists of 3 mounties, a kayak, a pickup truck, and a kite.

If their pickup gets a flat, it would be just the 3 mounties, the kayak and the kite. Do you think they would be able to figure out how to assign the three mounties to two pieces of equipment, could prove to be a difficult deployment problem for them to resolve ?

Back
Top Bottom