Show me your carry rigs

I suppose I should narrow it down to a much smaller selection. Yes I realize that ideally one should practice and train with only one gun or at least with guns that have similar safety mechanisms and trigger pulls, but what the hell. Variety is the spice of life I believe they say?

Understand too that I am a very active guy, and I'm always thinking of what's best to carry for different events: indoor/outdoor, cold/hot, hiking/mountainbiking/kayaking/fishing/boating/camping/roadtripping (within MA or VT of course) etc...

008.jpg

If you need help narrowing it down, I'm accepting donations [smile]

Couldn't sleep the other night so I took a photo of mine.....

M&P9c w/ Desantis OWB holster
Wallet w/ FD badge & ID
Keys
Fenix LD20? LED light
Spyderco Rescue Knife
2 spare mags (1 in single mag holder, other goes in 5.11 front pocket)
Sabre OC
Samsung Nextel (sucks, I hate it)
iPod Touch
Motorola Fire/Incident Pager
Keys

I think I'm gonna buy out my current Sprint/Nextel contract which is up next May and go with the iPhone. I love my iPod Touch and could drop from 3 electronic devices to 1.

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 544
The extinguisher is classified, so I'd have to.... You know, if I told you...... :). Well, I did lighten up today when I got the iPhone 4, and I think it was a great move. I feel lighter already....

Whenever I see rope now...

Connor: [picking out weapons and gear] Do ya know what we need, man? Some rope.
Murphy: Absolutely. What are ya, insane?
Connor: No I ain't. Charlie Bronson's always got rope.

[smile]

Tiktock - I'll do my best here.

I actually bought the watch for pretty cheap money in Jamaica while on a cruise; $230. I've seen it at Macy's for $450. I was looking for a nice watch that could be worn out to a nice restaurant, to work, and out on the weekends. I already have a "sport watch" and needed something in stainless. This watch fits all those requirements perfectly.

I like the looks and the size, the band has many links which makes for a good fit. It comes from the Eco-Drive family of Citizen watches meaning it has no battery that needs to be replaced; it powers it self via solar power. I absolutely love this feature. I actually misplaced it for 6 months in a drawer by accident. When I finally found it again, the movement had stopped. Come to find out, it was simply in a stand by mode. I put it under a fluorescent light over night and it came back to life!

A few more basics: The watch hands glow very well in the dark. If the watch is under your sleeve for an extended time the watch will freeze until you check the time... once in day light, the hands jump to live and move to the correct time in less than a second... pretty cool little feature, IMO.

As far as features go, this little guy surprised me. The face itself in addition to the watch face has a 24 hour clock (upper left), the day of the week (upper right), a date window, and a function face (low center). Depending where the low center face is set, the second hand will show seconds or the month of the year.

Probably the most important thing I about this watch is the number of comments I get. At work many have commented. While out at a bar, I've received the "Nice watch" comment while my buddy with the Omega Seamaster gets nothing... Funny considering he paid (literally) $3100 more than I did. *shrug* Overall, I would totally recommend this watch.

Couple of quick pics (let me know if you want other angles etc):
watch2.jpg

watch1.jpg

Here's one more of the face lit up a little better... still not happy with the pic though!
watch3.jpg

Saw this and thought it was kinda funny.
I have one of these and destroyed it pretty quickly. I'm glad it stopped working cause I couldn't stand looking thru the scratches!
My new one is much better.[smile]

Attachments

• Calibre8700.jpg
    Calibre8700.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 98
  • StuhrlingBack.jpg
    StuhrlingBack.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 99
  • StuhrlingFront.jpg
    StuhrlingFront.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 108
Not really sure if it would be considered "small of back". I would think that to be more centered in the back.

Having said that, I carry in the same position (only on the other hip, LH) and it is very comfortable.

I carry the same way , definately comfortable , but somtimes your shirt gets caught up over the the top and you dont realize it , that usually doesnt happen with a traditional hip carry .

Day to Day for the most part but, depending on Dress I will swap the G26 for a Kel-tec P3at with crimson trace laser in a pocket holster. Also have a extra 9 round mag. Winter months flashlight goes everywhere with me. Summer time its in the car durning the day and on me at night. A friend just got a comp-tac minitor for his G30 liked it alot thinking about switching from the crossbreed to it. Debating on replacing the 26 with a PM9 but its hard to say good by to the potential of 33 rounds for the range.
I also always have my iphone with me but, it was needed to take the photo...so.. sorry Iphone.

2z894s6.jpg

One of my latest carry rigs: Tucker Gunleathers' Revolver Pancake for my N frames (shown with a 3" Model 29) and Simply Rugged's belt-splitting speedloader pouch with a Safariland Comp I loader full of Hornady 180 gr .44 Specials. Belt is my well broken in two layer bullhide strap from The Beltman.

DSC00485.jpg

You would be amazed at how comfortable and how concealable this rig is under a loose fitting polo, untucked shirt, or sport coat.

ETA: did I mention I am not a fan of plastic holsters?

Seem like a man who knows his N frames..... any suggestions on a good spot to get an iwb for one ? I'd like to OWB but my barrel is a bit to long. Would be better suited hidden IWB.

Glock 17
Desantis scorpoin IWB
Citizen Calibre 1300 ECO-drive, 2 G-shocks ( i rotate between the three watches)
KA-BAR tdi
Butts

1914 Mauser .32 acp (7.65) with an Uncle Mike's SideKick snap lock holster. Pistol is all matching, dates to late 1918, but does not have Army acceptance marks. Ammo varies, 71gr. round nose, Remington, Winchester, MagTech, Privi. 8 round mag; these rounds are MagTech.

004-1.jpg

MS

Back
Top Bottom