Show me your AK

Picked up a WASR a cople weeks back on a whim; I had some walnut downstairs, so I made new furniture for it while I waited for some range time. I got it out today and I'm very impressed. It took me over 20 rounds to zero, since I wasn't sure how far turning the sight tool would move the post. But with ammo as cheap as this, I didn't mind.

I love this thing. And, having spent years cleaning AR-type rifles, I'm looking forward to faster maintenance while I watch the Bruins win this evening.

AK.jpg

My MAK 90 to the left awaiting a folding stock, in the meantime I decided to darken the furniture. WASR in the middle and my newest addition to the family is a SAIGA

Anyone got anything new to post? Love this thread!

(From the NFA thread):

KIulRBq.jpg

I just ordered my ACE Folding stock, so pics to follow as soon as I get my MAK-90 squared away! Im pumped!

i have one with a modular block on the mom's basement AK. i like it. i wasn't ready to shorten the thing because it involved cutting the tang off the trunnion. i want to return it to the way mikhail intended, or at least to have the option to do so without having to replace the trunnion.

i have one with a modular block on the mom's basement AK. i like it. i wasn't ready to shorten the thing because it involved cutting the tang off the trunnion. i want to return it to the way mikhail intended, or at least to have the option to do so without having to replace the trunnion.

Moms Basement AK??? Funny thing you mention not wanting to cut the tang off because I talked to the customer service Woman at ACE and the set up I ordered she told me it wasnt neccesary to cut it so Im curious what my gunsmith says after I get it, once I do I will share the info here.

Moms Basement AK??? Funny thing you mention not wanting to cut the tang off because I talked to the customer service Woman at ACE and the set up I ordered she told me it wasnt neccesary to cut it so Im curious what my gunsmith says after I get it, once I do I will share the info here.

Why you need a gun smith for this?.

Most interface blocks require the top tang to be cut off. It's not a huge deal if you plan on keeping ACE or any similar brand on the unit.

Don't got a friend with a hacksaw and file ? I'm sure a few beers to a nes guy would save you some .

Really? If its that easy then I might venture a try Im just a rookie and dont want to mess it up, Once I get the stock I will take a long look at it. I might shoot you a PM too if ya dont mind answering any question I might have!

Really? If its that easy then I might venture a try Im just a rookie and dont want to mess it up, Once I get the stock I will take a long look at it. I might shoot you a PM too if ya dont mind answering any question I might have!

Yeah the rear trunnion not supper hard . So a hack saw will cut it . A 32 tpi (teeth per inch) will cut it .
When I started building my second psl I used a ak47 rear trunnion so it was 1mm to wide since the psl is built on a 1.5 mm receiver vs the normal 1mm. I used a mill to get the width right but didn't have any cutters to deepen the slits for the receiver . I just used a hack saw to cut them.

For future reference take a file and kiss the metal with a edge of a file . If it cuts a grove a hack saw should cut it. If the hack saw doesn't do much you'll need a blade or some thing for harden metal .

Yeah the rear trunnion not supper hard . So a hack saw will cut it . A 32 tpi (teeth per inch) will cut it .
When I started building my second psl I used a ak47 rear trunnion so it was 1mm to wide since the psl is built on a 1.5 mm receiver vs the normal 1mm. I used a mill to get the width right but didn't have any cutters to deepen the slits for the receiver . I just used a hack saw to cut them.

For future reference take a file and kiss the metal with a edge of a file . If it cuts a grove a hack saw should cut it. If the hack saw doesn't do much you'll need a blade or some thing for harden metal .

Thank You for the info, much appreaciated my friend. Cheers

It's super easy mang. Hacksaw takes it right off w/ no effort. Clean up with file. Place the adapter block inside and put on your ACE stock.

Did a bit more to my Saiga

IMG_3502_zpse0205822.jpg

Added Arsenal front handguard set and a MI red dot mount. I'm thinking a new FSB and muzzle brake will be next up.

Also removed the JTE hammer spring. I was having issues with the hammer following the bolt home, going back to the factory spring eliminated it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom