Should I work on me or the gun first?

I appreciate all the kind words and feedback. Hope I wasn't just lucky that day, but I did have another group that was actually a little tighter, but had one flyer and was nearly off the paper, before I adjusted the scope.

I was hoping everyone would say "lighten the trigger" because it seems so heavy stock, but I guess I'll take the majority opinion and see what happens with some better ammo first.

Do you use a sling?

No, this is the only rifle I don't have a sling for yet.

Try some standard velocity ammo.
But be prepared to adjust for the added drop in height group wise.

Other than that check your rifle rest and rear stock bag support.

Make sure the barrel is clean as well.

Relax get proper sight picture.
Breath out and squeeze the trigger on the pause.

It was standard velocity ammo. Did you mean to say high velocity?

I don't know what you mean by check your rifle rest and rear bag support. I was shooting off our deck, prone, and didn't have any bags or supports other than me laying on the deck.

It was standard velocity ammo. Did you mean to say high velocity?

I don't know what you mean by check your rifle rest and rear bag support. I was shooting off our deck, prone, and didn't have any bags or supports other than me laying on the deck.

A better trigger may help but don't be surprised after You install it you might have to play with the action screw tighness to find the sweet spot again.
I'm not so sure better glass might not help...might be clearer and better adjustments.
With your basic bulk 22 your going to have flyers.
Not until you start buying ammo With guarantee bullet weights and velocity deviations you will get flyers.

I hope to get this project done and looking to get under MOA with this set up.
I'm shooting 100 yards mostly and shoot prone with sling mostly.

Back
Top Bottom