• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I just wait to get my permit

The worst thing you can do is have an idea in your head what you want to buy. It's like walking into a car lot knowing you want to buy a Ford Pinto before ever driving one just because it looks cool (it doesn't).

Try different guns of different sizes, like a Glock 43, 26, 19, & 17. Then buy the 26.

j/k (well kind of)

Haha so...... Buy a Glock 26

You could do worse: mag cross compatibility with four different handguns, preban mags available, great reliability, decent trigger, great CS, and holds its value.

That being said, shoot 20 guns and buy 50.

Last edited:
Whatever you buy, you'll likely swap out for something else down the line. I'd normally recommend figuring out what purpose you're buying the gun for but that might change too.

Whatever you buy, you'll likely swap out for something else down the line. I'd normally recommend figuring out what purpose you're buying the gun for but that might change too.

I would agree, there is the drive to get an "everything" gun but I haven't seen a lot of people balance their favorite carry gun be their favorite range gun and their preferred home defense gun. Then again the vocal part of the community are the ones that talk about the one they just got and the one they plan to get next within about 2 sentences of each other.

Well I'll definitlty go into shopping with an open mind, I'll try out a few options. Single stacks and doubles. Full size and compacts, I just want a EDC just for now, but I love guns so I'm sure there will bed a list lol

Back
Top Bottom