• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun recoil pads

Viper22

NES Member
I'm looking to replace the factory recoil pad on my Sears 200 (Winchester 1200) 20 gauge shotgun. I've found a few replacements, from different companies. Does anyone have a recoil pad to recommend? What works/what doesn't?

Thanks.

EDIT to add: I've found Pachmayr and Hogue make pre-fit recoil pads for the 1200/1300. Pachmayr only comes in black, hogue comes in black or brown. I'd like to go with brown, but I don't know if the Hogue would be better than the Pachmayr.

Last edited:
I have used both.....pre fit is good. Unless you have a decent belt sander some patience. It took me about 12 or so attempts to get a really good finish on grinding down the universal pads.

For period correct stuff (if you're into that) go over to shotgunworld.com and snoop around - there's a few makers doing new stuff to match the old.

Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturers may be one of them IIRC

Thanks for the tip. The shotgun does have the original red ventilated recoil pad. I saw some at Conneticut Shotgun that looked close. Nothing in the red ventilated that was close to the size I need though.

Back
Top Bottom