• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot Timers

First, I will play Scriv and tell you try the search function. There are recent threads.

I like Pact, Gammon doesn't, DanS likes Pact, Supermoto had trouble with his CED, some like CED, IPSCDRL likes the RU Ready timer, and there were a lot more.

PACT makes 2 that have different uses. If you want to see them both let me know.

All this from memory which isn't total recall [smile]

Lots use them, I don't like them either. They don't seem to hold up. If you go to the USPSA match at Harvard next month, ask. You will get to see all brands there. I will make sure I have both PACTS in the car.

I have both a CED7000 and a Pact Club timer, I have burned through 3 or so CED, I don't know why they keep crapping out on me. I haven't had any issues with the Pact yet. The features on the CED are better. The one key feature is that it saves the data, so say a shooter shoots a stage in 32s, and then I shoot it in 18s, when that shooters complains that something was wrong with the timer, you can go back and show him the time and the # of shots. The feature it is lacking is it won't prevent a grown man from crying about the time and then someone gives him a reshoot...... this is just a hypothetical situation

Ive had good luck with the old school Pocket Pro. The PACT is just as good. Most guys are familiar with them too,so you dont have give a tutorial when some one new goes to hold the timer. I dont like the one that you have to press "Reset"first because I always forget to and end up having to say "Standby" three or four times before launching the shooter,whom Im sure doesnt like that either.

I have the CED Pocket Pro. For the EXTREMELY little use it gets from me, it runs fine. All I need is a simple timer to practice with and as back-up in case one is needed at a match.

No problems.

I and at least 5 of my plate shooting buddies have CED 7000's. They get a lot of use, and so far we haven't had any issues with them. We have even been able to tweak the settings so that each shooter can time themselves when shooting head to head against another shooter - meaning that the timer is only counting shots fired by the shooter you want.

I have had both Pact and Competition Electronics timers. Both died after about seven year's use. Competition Electronics repaired their timer for $35.00 including shipping. Pact refused to even look at my timer unless I agreed to pay an hourly repair fee. This was after they sat on the timer for several months without diagnosing it or contacting me. All they wanted to do was sell me a new timer. In their own words, "Hey, it lasted seven years. What more do you expect?" Guess who I do business with?

PS I paid $375.00 for the Pact timer and about $200.00 for the Competition Electronics unit. Who says you get what you pay for?

Back
Top Bottom