Shot this tonight

I shot this buck tonight around 3:00. I laid down some estrus scent and ten minutes later this buck came in FAST. He stopped and grunted a few times. I shot him less then 10 yards just under my stand. I was shaking pretty bad, but I managed to get the shot off. The arrow passed straight through his lungs and heart, out the other side. He pause, and then hit the woods. He bled out no more then 20 yards from my stand. I am so pumped.
DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Nice buck, congrats! Looks like a 5...with a broken off tine...almost 6 pointer? Big body.
Where did you get him, or, where (generally) do you hunt?

thanks everybody for your compliments. I just dropped him off at the butcher and should have the meat by the weekend. They didn't weight it at the check station, which was a little odd.

thanks again

Who are you using to do the slice and dice?

Arena bros., Hopkinton. They are also a weigh station. One stop shop not a bad deal. Plus if I had to wrestle with that thing any longer I would have lost it. It seriously took me about 45 minutes to get it from the ground into the back of my car.

Good job

It's a rush isn't it? Got one opening day and haven't seen anything since; go out 2x/week. Now in Essex County they are averaging 4/day hit on the highways.

Back
Top Bottom