• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shop local, shop small.

MBA in marketing; Two decades experience in helping Fortune 500 companies engage customers to collaborate with and advocate for the company to dramatically grow revenue. You?

I was guessing the MBA, too. Your talents would be a huge asset for an organization like GOAL.

I just have limited retail experience.

I picked up a hard to find item at 2nd amendment arms a couple years back.....in my rush, I forgot to bring a case....he gave me one off his rack. Good people, hope they stay in business.

I know very little about running a business. I guess I'm a a odd consumer. I tried like hell to buy American made for a long time. Slowly I found it hard to find items I wanted then the few that are left are now expensive.
I try to keep things local. This to has failed as my income has seemed to be degraded to the point where local stores are to expensive or completely lack what I need or want. This is all stores not just gun stores.
When it comes to gun stores even 30 years ago I remember taking trips to out of state stores with my dad to find the things he wanted and also to save money.

Here is something that has happened to me more times than I can count at gun stores.
Owner/worker "hi can I help you?"
Me " do you have X"
Owner "no"
Me "can you order it"
Owner "lets see ahhmmm ahhh no"
Me "can you order it from AAA they have it in stock "
Owner...... no

Keep in mind, small shops might not be lined up with distributors that carry what you want to purchase. Don't hate the store if the distributor has parameters in place that the shop cannot work within. IMO, if the shop is honest about it, you can find it someplace else. If you're getting it from out of state, the good shops will let you have it sent to them for you.

i haven't lived in mass since last october. since being out here. i found one gunshop to do all my business with. they discount stuff for me regularly and are great people. brian over at b&k sales llc is another guy who i typically tried to give as much of my sales to.

Keep in mind, small shops might not be lined up with distributors that carry what you want to purchase. Don't hate the store if the distributor has parameters in place that the shop cannot work within.

You don't have to hate them, but you shouldn't have to shop there either. It's a business, not a charity.

The ability to secure inventory is the owner's problem, and something that should have been considered when setting up. The gun stores out there with crappy selections and/or unreasonable prices aren't going to last.

Back
Top Bottom