• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shop info

just wondering if any body has any feed back on
fourseason gun shop about trading guns and if their prices
they give you are fair i am looking to trade one their
so any info will help thanks

To give you a couple of data points:

I've brought them one gun for sale. If I had done a consignment sale there, they would have charged me 18% of the sale price, or roughly a 22% markup. The price Tom offered to buy it outright would have given them a 36% markup. Now in both cases I was looking to walk away with cash, not store credit. I didn't sell it. I've since come to my senses and decided to keep it.

If you're trading, not selling, you should be able to do a bit better than that. I've traded one gun there: I swapped a 637 with box and papers even for a pre-lock 642 with no box. They effectively made about 9% on the deal (based on their asking prices for the two guns). I think we both felt we got the better end of that deal.

The worst that can happen is they give you an offer you don't like. The shop's worth a visit even if you don't end up making a trade.

Over my 29 years shooting, I've watched many a sale of a gun over the counter in a gun shop, and I've known a number of shop keepers.

Most only give you about 50% of the value of the gun in a straight up sale!

Putting it on consignment gives you the best return if you want to sell it outright.

And if you are selling it to buy another gun, a swap gives you some negotiating room to do fairly well.

I don't recall ever selling a gun to a shop, I've always put them on consignment or sold them privately.

Back
Top Bottom