• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

I haven't figured out a picture in picture video format yet but I put this together of my son shooting in an IDPA match at Monument Beach this Saturday. Not blazing fast but at least he's thinking when shooting. He dropped a mag with rounds in it and had the sense to stop and pick it up with great trigger discipline throughout. The first view is me recording him, second is from gopro on his melon. And he still doesnt have his thumbs right..damn lefty.

Last edited by a moderator:
USPSA area 7 championship this past weekend in Maine. I was winning my division by at the end of the first day. When the weekend was over I placed 8th, at 72.8% of the winner Dave Sevigny

i grabbed a gopro nvg helmet mount and a pic rail mount adapter, here are some quick videos i took just screwing around after work this afternoon. the video actually comes out pretty good.

Finally got some video uploaded from last weekend's Steel Challenge match at Sig. Here's one stage that I didn't shoot too horribly:

uploading another right now with some fancy captions, wait for it....and here it is:

nice workout i came up with today.

3 sets in full kit, including plates

6x kb swing
3x 5 round rifle mags @ 50yds, rifle burpees
3x 5 round pistol mags @ 15yds, tire flips

So I have been browsing YouTube trying to get some ideas for training videos since my new gongs and stands came in. Has anyone tried Kyle Lamb's "Chaos Drill"? I figure with my setup of four gongs and a silhouette I can do the same drill in a 35 yard bay so that was a place to start. Other ideas (without all of the cross-fit our resident over achiever does because my fat out of shape ass would hurt itself and I need to start somewhere)?

So I have been browsing YouTube trying to get some ideas for training videos since my new gongs and stands came in. Has anyone tried Kyle Lamb's "Chaos Drill"? I figure with my setup of four gongs and a silhouette I can do the same drill in a 35 yard bay so that was a place to start. Other ideas (without all of the cross-fit our resident over achiever does because my fat out of shape ass would hurt itself and I need to start somewhere)?

A great drill to keep fundamentals in line is "dot torture". Deceptively simple at 3 yards, it's made fools of many men at 7.

http://youtu.be/mBujg4IRVp8

I've been working on the 1&1 drill for a bit trying to tighten it up. Getting closer to 2 seconds.
Averaging 2.5 seconds right now with a 1 second first shot, and a 1.5 slide-lock reload. I know I can shave time off of both.

IPSC B/C zone steel at 10 yards.

Thanks guys, some good stuff to look at. I will see if I can't combine some of these between pistol & carbine to use the equipment I have.

I drove my "Bill Drill" time under 2 seconds yesterday. In case you can't tell, I was pretty happy to see 1.97 on the timer.

Congrats, sub 2 second bill drill is a big milestone, just make sure you shoot it on paper to confirm that they are all A zone hits

Thanks, I'll admit that I hadn't put fresh paint on the steel and there may be a shot that wandered off of the A zone. I'm gonna keep working until there's no question, and maybe even make it faster.

Keep working on it, when you get comfortable with sub 2, push the target to 15y and shoot at the same speed, then set a target at 7, 15, 25 and do 2 shots on each. Keeping your splits on 7 and 15 the same, with a small increase at 25

some shooting from barricades today at about 15 yards.

and some concealment holster work from last week, trying to get my one shot time to about 1 second, and bill drills, I'm averaging around 1.2-1.5 now, something i need to work more on instead of the fun stuff all the time, i can draw and hit in 1 second from my war belt, concealment is not my strong point.

A few of my stage runs from the USPSA Production Nationals last weekend in Barry IL. I finished 87th out of nearly 400, 73% of champion Ben Stoeger. Very challenging stages, lots of fun.

some shooting from barricades today at about 15 yards.

and some concealment holster work from last week, trying to get my one shot time to about 1 second, and bill drills, I'm averaging around 1.2-1.5 now, something i need to work more on instead of the fun stuff all the time, i can draw and hit in 1 second from my war belt, concealment is not my strong point.

nice work, my only suggestion is don't get in the habit of punching the gun out and quickly bring it back in. Keep it out there. Another interesting thing to try is, compare 1 shot draw to 2 shot draw, I bet your 1 shot on the 2 shot draw will be slower

On barricades, strictly from a gaming point, I always have the outside foot forward allowing me to be more stable while leaning out around the barricade. From a defense standpoint, would you do the same?

nice work, my only suggestion is don't get in the habit of punching the gun out and quickly bring it back in. Keep it out there. Another interesting thing to try is, compare 1 shot draw to 2 shot draw, I bet your 1 shot on the 2 shot draw will be slower

On barricades, strictly from a gaming point, I always have the outside foot forward allowing me to be more stable while leaning out around the barricade. From a defense standpoint, would you do the same?

thanks dude, coming from a good shooter like yourself it means a lot. Stu was suggesting the same thing with not getting in the habit of punching out and then coming right out of it afterwords.

on barricades, i was taught to keep your outside knee down to lessen the chance of it getting hit in the leg, if your knee/leg is up you are presenting a bigger target, also i find it easier to inch out using my outside knee as a post. just one method i was shown, I'm not sure if its the best, its just what I'm using right now.

on barricades, i was taught to keep your outside knee down to lessen the chance of it getting hit in the leg, if your knee/leg is up you are presenting a bigger target, also i find it easier to inch out using my outside knee as a post. just one method i was shown, I'm not sure if its the best, its just what I'm using right now.

I've seen it instructed both ways. Here is my opinion for what it's worth with the rifle. In the kneeling position the outside leg up with a barricade/covered position is going to be a LOT more stable. If you're taking incoming rounds you'll figure out a way to stay small behind cover with that leg up. If you're in a team and moving from cover to cover it's a lot easier for a teammate to knock you over and out of cover with the outside knee down. That would kid of suck if you were the one providing suppression fire for his movement to the next covered position.

I've seen it instructed both ways. Here is my opinion for what it's worth with the rifle. In the kneeling position the outside leg up with a barricade/covered position is going to be a LOT more stable. If you're taking incoming rounds you'll figure out a way to stay small behind cover with that leg up. If you're in a team and moving from cover to cover it's a lot easier for a teammate to knock you over and out of cover with the outside knee down. That would kid of suck if you were the one providing suppression fire for his movement to the next covered position.

Thanks good info

i just got this same advice this past weekend from somebody who just took Sig's executive protection class as well.

pojaa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom