• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

Guess I can embarrass myself a little.
Me @ MFS practicing draw and dumping the mag from IWB kydex with flannel cover garment. Be gentle, it's a MA M&P with no trigger work done. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I can embarrass myself a little.
Me @ MFS practicing draw and dumping the mag from IWB kydex with flannel cover garment. Be gentle, it's a MA M&P with no trigger work done. ;)

The first mag looked ok but that second mag was way too slow: Need to pick up the pace there.

Got in a few drills after teaching this morning.

A couple clips from some drills I ran today after teaching.
1. Start seated. On buzzer, 2 rounds to each paper... then it's an unknown amount of rounds on steel @ 7 yards until lockback. Running reload to cover at 15 yards. Then it's four 4" steel plates on a dueling tree. I missed first 2 shots, then cleaned it.

2. Standing. On buzzer, 1 round to each paper, and 1 round to steel at 7 yards. Running slidelock reload to cover at 25 yards, and 1 round on steel. I like the 1 round stuff once and a while, because it never really lets me settle in on the sights. It feels chaotic.

Are there any other ranges near Newton besides Hopkinton and Harvard that have pits and the allowance of setting up your own stuff and alow you to practice your own drills?

Currently, I'm at the MRA and the whole stand point shoot is not working for me there.

Are there any other ranges near Newton besides Hopkinton and Harvard that have pits and the allowance of setting up your own stuff and alow you to practice your own drills?

Currently, I'm at the MRA and the whole stand point shoot is not working for me there.

Nothing closer to Newton than those you listed.

Newton resident chiming in. I just shot my first idpa event at Harvard today. Had a blast and only took 35 minutes to get there. 10 minutes further than MRA and a Shit ton more to offer. My application will be in the mail soon

Plenty of people here from both clubs.

I'm a member at Hopkinton. We shoot skeet @10 on Sunday's then head over to the pistol pits a bit after noon. You are welcome to join us for one or both (with 4th of July & a new puppy it will be a couple weeks before I get back to the range though).

Wednesdays they run USPSA practice in the pistol pits. There are 3-4 guys on NES who are generally there. I won't call them out but I'm sure they will chime in.

A lot of the Hopkinton guys who have their green card also belong to Harvard as a town ordinance in Hopkinton prohibits full auto.

Last edited:
I replace springs and followers in a few old magazines. Ran a few rounds just to function check. I set up my phone on a bench... it fell over...

nothing exciting, but whatever

Since being called out I just had to share my beer gut laden quick run-thru with the AR9mm & P226 today. Note the holster is for my Glock 17 so I had to improvise.

Sean, I didn't take the vid so you can't blame me for the aspect ratio lol. I have no idea why he took it in portrait, I will try to provide better instructions to my videographer next time...

Since being called out I just had to share my beer gut laden quick run-thru with the AR9mm & P226 today. Note the holster is for my Glock 17 so I had to improvise.

Sean, I didn't take the vid so you can't blame me for the aspect ratio lol. I have no idea why he took it in portrait, I will try to provide better instructions to my videographer next time...

Attaboy. Awesome dude I'm glad your back in operational operating status.

Attaboy. Awesome dude I'm glad your back in operational operating status.

Iced the wrist after each run but yeah, it felt good.

Now I have to pick up half a dozen gongs & stands to add targets. I read on the interweb that offsetting the gongs with bolts so they hang at an angle reduces splash and increases steel life so will try that. $20 gets me all the grade 8 bolts I will need and another $50 gets me a stack of AR500 gongs. The stands I have are light so I haven't decided what to use there yet.

After the pistol bay we went to the 200 yard range. I slapped my 2-10x on the AR9mm & we were doing headshots consistently. The 147 gr bullet didn't have enough energy to swing the t-box on the head but it definitely hit no problem out of my 8" barrel. Whoever says SBR's aren't accurate hasn't shot one.

Now I have to pick up half a dozen gongs & stands to add targets. I read on the interweb that offsetting the gongs with bolts so they hang at an angle reduces splash and increases steel life so will try that. $20 gets me all the grade 8 bolts I will need and another $50 gets me a stack of AR500 gongs. The stands I have are light so I haven't decided what to use there yet.

After the pistol bay we went to the 200 yard range. I slapped my 2-10x on the AR9mm & we were doing headshots consistently. The 147 gr bullet didn't have enough energy to swing the t-box on the head but it definitely hit no problem out of my 8" barrel. Whoever says SBR's aren't accurate hasn't shot one.

That has been my experience as well, my 10.3" hits well at 300 yds.

Nice work. I'll take back my "call-out", and get to putting some more vids up at some point. As for the steel spall, definitely get those angled down to reduce bounce back, particularly at close range. Totally sucks when the steel starts returning fire.

Nice work. I'll take back my "call-out", and get to putting some more vids up at some point. As for the steel spall, definitely get those angled down to reduce bounce back, particularly at close range. Totally sucks when the steel starts returning fire.

He passes the call out test lol

That rifle has the LaRue MBT trigger in it but I just ordered the SD-3G for it. Can't wait to see the mag dumps with that trigger and still keep it on target.

Some dry fire work with the SIRT. I have little combative training moreso doing it to get my heart rate up.

A bit of a throwback. I think I posted a piece of this before, but not the whole video. I can't remember shit... but here it is. Active Shooter building work in live shoot-house. This was almost 3 years ago now, but thought you'd enjoy it. Working in 2-4 man groups with various entries, movements and transitions. The targets were randomly marked with firearms, and only reacted to multiple center mass hits.

Keep volume way down, they piped in screaming and gunfire the entire time over the PA system... plus I was giving operational play by play about 2/3 of the way through. HAHA

I'm wearing the darker plate carrier.

My first actual match outside of a classifier. I felt pretty good again, aside from a few issues in brain housing group. This was after 24 hours of no sleep, you'll see a couple places I stutter. 8th overall in the match. 3rd overall ESP.

After shooting today, I suck. I have lost all wrist strength and should have had ice with me, even for the 4-5 mags I was able to shoot. It's amazing that after a 9month layoff I'm pretty sure I'm a worse shooter now that when I started shooting. I think all I have are bad habits left.

Time to start back at the beginning with snapcaps & take it slowly.

On the bright side I can repeatedly put my 8" AR9mm on the T-Box at 200 yards.

After shooting today, I suck. I have lost all wrist strength and should have had ice with me, even for the 4-5 mags I was able to shoot. It's amazing that after a 9month layoff I'm pretty sure I'm a worse shooter now that when I started shooting. I think all I have are bad habits left.

I can imagine that your wrists are gonna have a hard time getting back to shooting form. They've been compensating for the injury and the remainder of your arms have as well. Being a fundamentally solid shooter will help getting back on the horse. Good luck with the recovery.

Are you on any type of physical therapy from the accident? It helped me tremendously with some significant shoulder and forearm issues (on my shooting side). I couldn't even lift a gallon of milk. I didn't even go as much as I should have, and it made a difference.

Are you on any type of physical therapy from the accident? It helped me tremendously with some significant shoulder and forearm issues (on my shooting side). I couldn't even lift a gallon of milk. I didn't even go as much as I should have, and it made a difference.

I did OT but where I am now is past that. The Occupational Therapy wasn't nearly as comprehensive and effective as what I got for my back yet I still have to stretch & exercise my back daily. I expected the wrist to take me a couple more months to get any strength back. Surgery was in Feb. last time it took 6-7 months to get strength back and this was much more significant surgery. If things don't improve in July it's back to the doc.

Back
Top Bottom