• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

i had some fun today with some buddies. i have no idea what I'm doing so flame away. built a makeshift CQB house out of 2x4's and snow netting, and a moving target out of cable and some pullies.

Sorry if its 90* idk how to change it

GoPro creeper footage:

full video from my go pro:

Last edited by a moderator:
Action at the Project Appleseed marksmanship clinic at Harvard Sportsmen's Club on Saturday and Sunday of Patriot's Day weekend, April 18 and 19. Shooting at the 65-yard range and 2 adjacent action pits were 55 women and men ages 12-65, including 19 Boy Scouts and 8 parents of Troop 513 in Stoneham. Video shows the standard course of fire: Army Qualification Test (AQT) at 25 meters, 40 rounds, 4-minute time limit, 3 required positions--offhand, sitting or kneeling, and prone--engaging 10 targets scaled to ranges of 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards. Video ends a few seconds before four minutes are up:

Cross-posting from the shoot's NES thread, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/275737-Appleseed-Harvard-MA-April-18-19-2015. Check it out for more details.

Thanks go to hbennett, lupis42, and their corps of dedicated Appleseed instructors, to host Harvard Sportsmen's Club, and to GOAL's Jon Green and a number of others who provided rifles and .22LR ammo to the Boy Scouts.

[video]https://youtu.be/dAhdTsSNGVg[/video]

There are varying opinions on Airsoft. I find it valuable to develop certain skillsets quickly, with minimal cost, and when I don't have time to make it to range. This drill is from Langdon Tactical. I love it

USPSA Single stack nationals in Barry IL. I finished 78 out of 407 shooters, and at 69% of the champion Phil Strader.
I had a bad jam that ruined one stage. Your standard tap rack bang is not an end all fix all. If I had at first looked closely at what was going on with my gun, I could have fixed it and been back to shooting in a few seconds. I wasted tons of time doing stuff that fixed nothing.

I spent the last 8 months shooting nothing but a 1911 in Singlestack division (8 round mags for those who may not know) Now that SS nationals have passed, I will be switching back to Production (10 round mags) for the rest of the season including Production nationals in August.

I decided to play with the cheater (open) gun today for giggleshits. I'm not at all serious about shooting this gun, but I find it good practice to forget all about planing and exicuting reloads, and simply working on getting in and out of positions. You will notice I'm not used to finding the dot quickly out of the holster or on long transitions. Just a fun change of pace

New rail, new PC rig. Slow motion run through my mags seeing how the gun is acting. I think it needs a muzzle device of some sort, doesn't look like its shooting as flat as I'd like, trouble is I dont want a comp/brake, I need to keep some flash suppression ability. Any recommendations for a good flash hider that will help keep the barrel steady during quick shooting?

New rail, new PC rig. Slow motion run through my mags seeing how the gun is acting. I think it needs a muzzle device of some sort, doesn't look like its shooting as flat as I'd like, trouble is I dont want a comp/brake, I need to keep some flash suppression ability. Any recommendations for a good flash hider that will help keep the barrel steady during quick shooting?

[video]https://youtu.be/V_YsFChFFVE[/video]

I liked my BCM, it was easy on the concussion, but I never shot it at night. The only reason I moved away from it was because 51t suppressor mount.

I like the Battlecomp and Spike's Dynacomp. They both function pretty much the same and are effective at reducing recoil & muzzle rise.

View attachment 137415
View attachment 137416

EDIT: Just re-read your post and there is a compromise between mitigating flash and recoil. I don't get to shoot my rifles at night so I have no idea how bad the bloom off these is.

Last edited:
I liked my BCM, it was easy on the concussion, but I never shot it at night. The only reason I moved away from it was because 51t suppressor mount.

I agree the BCM does a good job of both. Also checkout the PWS Flash suppressing comp, I've shot that and it did a good job as well.

[video]https://youtu.be/V_YsFChFFVE[/video]

I would first try holding the stock to your chest harder and more to the centerline, looks like the bottom of the stock has no support

I would first try holding the stock to your chest harder and more to the centerline, looks like the bottom of the stock has no support

Could be, I notice a lot more movement in that area than usual too. I'm also not yet used to the rail, which you can see, i switched from and quad with an afg on it, perhaps my left hand isn't as tight as it usually is. I'll sort it out with time.

try pulling the gun in with your right hand and keep your left arm more relaxed. I find the more I try to control the rifle with my left hand, the more it moves around after multiple shots. Now I just just my left arms to aim and move the gun between targets.

Was having some trouble with the extractor today , So I pulled off the cmore and mount. Hits were just as good and times were the same....so much for aiming...I'm going back to using the force

[video=youtube_share;RAhCq2pXr7Y]http://youtu.be/RAhCq2pXr7Y[/video]

Here is a quick one where I figure out that something is not right with my gun. I put new sights on it a couple of weeks ago, zeroed it, and all was well. I noticed that the gun was suddenly a little tight going into the holster, and figured that the front sight was just rubbing the kydex a little. Apparently, a few full days of carrying had slowly pushed the sight to the right about 1/8". I knew I was a better shooter than this, and it's amazing how much the shake in confidence threw my whole game off. I was clumsy with the gun, had a pretty good muzzle dip on a misfire, and just generally sucked. (I'll put another video up to show me pretty much falling apart)

[video]https://youtu.be/DKDEFSz_JBM[/video]

for some reason, I can't for the life of me embed a youtube video this morning. I feel kinda retarded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom