Shooting on Your Own Land in NH

You might consider renting a bobcat, to move that sand where you want it, it should take less than a day
It's a very big, very rocky hill. I might be able to get the bobcat down the hill once, after that the only way out is down to the bottom and sinking into the swamp.

Dropped into the local PD and inquired about home target practice. The cop seemed pretty cool after we got past the first couple of stupid questions. I live next to a river "Are you shooting over the river?" My sarcastic Mr Jeckel was slamming at his door to get out. "No, into a berm. Safety first" I then learned that there is a noise ordinance with NO time frame!
He pretty much told me to do what want till someone complains. Basically, if you're making noise that's annoying your neighbor, they can complain and shut you down. "Quality of life" Looks like I'm gonna have to have to get into town politics and try to make some changes.
Time to get into suppressors and town politics.

I step outside on a sunny Saturday morning, and it sounds like popcorn popping, so I can't see anybody around here using a noise ordinance to shut things down.

Permanent noise ordinance? I hear stuff any time of day.... Gun shots, fireworks, and I don't know what they are doing in the trailer park in back of me but once in a while, there is a massive boom or two far louder than a gun or fireworks... Makes me upset because I am not in on the fun.

I'd like to upgrade my backstop.

Any reccommendations for a supplier near Milford who can deliver tube sand by the pallet-load? I need about 5 cy; I know I can get a dump truck delivery, but can't get a truck where it needs to go, thus the request for packaged tubes.

I figure with the 50-70lb bags I can get where I need to with a garden cart or wheelbarrow.

could a compact truck make it to the area you are looking to move the sand to? the other option is get sand delivered bulk and fill your own sand bags, they can be bought pretty cheap in bulk. I am local and willing to help out and have a truck

Rental Agent "The backhoe burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp?"

could a compact truck make it to the area you are looking to move the sand to? the other option is get sand delivered bulk and fill your own sand bags, they can be bought pretty cheap in bulk. I am local and willing to help out and have a truck
My planned sand staging is compact truck accessible, the berm is maybe accessible with an ATV and perhaps a small dump cart. I might get down there in a jeep, the only way out would be into the aforementioned swamp.

My planned sand staging is compact truck accessible, the berm is maybe accessible with an ATV and perhaps a small dump cart. I might get down there in a jeep, the only way out would be into the aforementioned swamp.

Find/borrow a Polaris 6 wheeler (they have a dump bed). That will do the job quite nicely.

First build a road down to your backstop, then you can rent/borrow your bobcat or backhoe or pickup or polaris to put in your sand to save $1 a tube.

Personally, I'd buy a nice rock crawler from PowerBlock's Xtreme 4x4 and a nice 12,000 pound Warn winch to help raise/lower the rock crawler down to the backstop to save the $1 a tube, but I'm a skinflint.

Prudent side says to spend the extra $1/tube, save the cost of renting the bobcat and the cost of all the extra material to build a bobcat accessible road down to the berm. On the other hand, it's a bobcat :)

Kevin_NH said:
It's a very big, very rocky hill. I might be able to get the bobcat down the hill once, after that the only way out is down to the bottom and sinking into the swamp.
The fun of bouncing up and down the hill in a bobcat is the obvious winner, though I am not looking forward to explaining how the rental cat came to be perma-stuck in the swamp.

Quiet said:
First build a road down to your backstop, then you can rent/borrow your bobcat or backhoe or pickup or polaris to put in your sand to save $1 a tube. Personally, I'd buy a nice rock crawler from PowerBlock's Xtreme 4x4 and a nice 12,000 pound Warn winch to help raise/lower the rock crawler down to the backstop to save the $1 a tube, but I'm a skinflint.

Better yet, I could buy a new 1.5ton pickup truck for a mere $24K, and drive out to the quarry myself and pick up the sand. Think of all the money I'll save on delivery charges!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom