• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting in nh?

”Attorney General John Formella says Friday afternoon, 33-year-old suspect John Madore, who was homeless, opened fire at the psychiatric hospital with an AR-style rifle and killed security officer Bradley Haas...

New Hampshire State Police Colonel Mark Hall announced that after the shooting, bomb squads found a U-Haul idling in the parking lot and more guns and ammo were found but did not confirm this was linked to the shooter.“
Looks like John Formella is a f***ing liar.

”Attorney General John Formella says Friday afternoon, 33-year-old suspect John Madore, who was homeless, opened fire at the psychiatric hospital with an AR-style rifle and killed security officer Bradley Haas...

New Hampshire State Police Colonel Mark Hall announced that after the shooting, bomb squads found a U-Haul idling in the parking lot and more guns and ammo were found but did not confirm this was linked to the shooter.“
Funny all the other new articles said he used a 9mm handgun. One said that there was an AR15 found in the U haul. Guess the AR15 felt left out and wanted to be included

Meanwhile in Baltimore - Students said they attended Tuesday night's coronation of Miss and Mr. Morgan State University, a popular annual homecoming week event. The shots were fired not long after the event ended. Five young adults were injured Tuesday night in a shooting on Morgan State University's campus. No one arrested yet.

Meanwhile in Baltimore - Students said they attended Tuesday night's coronation of Miss and Mr. Morgan State University, a popular annual homecoming week event. The shots were fired not long after the event ended. Five young adults were injured Tuesday night in a shooting on Morgan State University's campus. No one arrested yet.
Meh, that’s just their culture, don’t you know?

I love it when they self segregate!!
I don’t like it when $$$ is spent to have “Affinity Ceremonies” at high school and college graduations so that different groups can have identity-segregated events. If we have to hear whining about the sad state of integration in our society, why should we encourage and fund such segrated events?

It’s past of that anti-racist dichotomy where two opposites can be true at the same time: we all have to learn how to live with one another but minority groups can choose to have segregated events paid by everyone. You want to pay for your own party/events - fine.

I don’t like it when $$$ is spent to have “Affinity Ceremonies” at high school and college graduations so that different groups can have identity-segregated events. If we have to hear whining about the sad state of integration in our society, why should we encourage and fund such segrated events?

It’s past of that anti-racist dichotomy where two opposites can be true at the same time: we all have to learn how to live with one another but minority groups can choose to have segregated events paid by everyone. You want to pay for your own party/events - fine.

Everyone wants segregation, they just want to be the ones to set the terms

I have the same question, what does that mean? Passing through the area? Homeless? Where was he staying? Was he a "resident" of the Hospital at one time?
He was mentally adjudicated by a court. He was hospitalized by court order stemming from charges during his residence in Northwood in 2016.

"John Madore was prohibited from possessing firearms, dangerous weapons or ammunition as part of a bail order in 2016." "...police took custody of two guns: a loaded SKS assault-style rifle with a 30-round magazine and a 9mm Sig Sauer handgun loaded with a 15-round magazine." "...those were not the weapons used in Friday's attack. Those firearms remain in the custody of the Strafford Police Department."
"...it's still unknown how Madore got the gun used in the attack and the rifle found in a U-Haul he had rented and parked at the hospital.
Had he tried to purchase them, he would have been required to note on the federal firearms application his involuntary admission to a mental health institution, which would have likely prevented the sale of the guns."
I wonder how he rented the truck. Did he have a valid license, credit card and insurance?

"John Madore was prohibited from possessing firearms, dangerous weapons or ammunition as part of a bail order in 2016." "...police took custody of two guns: a loaded SKS assault-style rifle with a 30-round magazine and a 9mm Sig Sauer handgun loaded with a 15-round magazine." "...those were not the weapons used in Friday's attack. Those firearms remain in the custody of the Strafford Police Department."
"...it's still unknown how Madore got the gun used in the attack and the rifle found in a U-Haul he had rented and parked at the hospital.
Had he tried to purchase them, he would have been required to note on the federal firearms application his involuntary admission to a mental health institution, which would have likely prevented the sale of the guns."
I wonder how he rented the truck. Did he have a valid license, credit card and insurance?
So, he could have not disclosed the involuntary admission and purchased them. Excuse my ignorance here but I thought the background check would have caught him. Also I guess he could have obtained them from other means and evaded any check.

Once you are retired (if in fact you are officially retired), you cannot work and add years to pension calcs, he was collecting his pension and making additional money on top of it.
After you retire from a State Retirement job, you have to wait one year. Then you can come back and work (at least part-time). Some do it for the benefits.

Something else to think about.

The politicians tell us to disarm, and let the government protect us.

How well did that work in Sandy Hook? Lewiston? Concord NH? Most major cities?

Were the dead people in those places protected by the government?

The government didn't protect the Armenians, the Jews, the Russians, Cambodians, Chinese, and Rwandans either.

Not a good track record to trust these idiots.

I know there are those who disagree with me, but this is one I don't agree with. As long as the sharing of records is limited to those adjudicated mentally incompetent and involuntarily confined, I don't have a problem with including that in the database. Expecting people to tell the truth about this on a 4473 is ridiculous.

And before you all jump, whether or not there are background checks is a separate issue. I just figure, if they are going to be a thing, they should at least be effective in their purpose.

NH Constitution:

[Art.] 2-b. [Right of Privacy.] An individual's right to live free from governmental intrusion in private or personal information is natural, essential, and inherent.
Its the finding of a trial, same as a conviction. No more personal or private than that, and anyone can walk into a court and look at those.

I would definitely have a problem with it being included if the court's finding was NOT that the individual was mentally incompetent and required confinement. Or if it contained any specifics to the situation, just a yes or no flag on everyone's record so you can't even speculate if there was even a hearing with a no finding. I would even say that after release and a suitable grace period, say 5 uneventful years, and a psych eval confirmation, that the proabition can be remove.

Lifetime prohibition should come with lifetime confinement.

Ever heard of Level 3 retention holsters?

”Security staff assist medical staff in really close proximity to patients,” said John Patti, a retired Manchester police officer who oversees security at the hospital. “To have a firearm that close to patients, I think it’s certainly risky…

“There is absolute broad consensus that it would be dangerous to both patients and staff to have firearms allowed on patient units,” said Stearns. ”

Ever heard of Level 3 retention holsters?

”Security staff assist medical staff in really close proximity to patients,” said John Patti, a retired Manchester police officer who oversees security at the hospital. “To have a firearm that close to patients, I think it’s certainly risky…

“There is absolute broad consensus that it would be dangerous to both patients and staff to have firearms allowed on patient units,” said Stearns. ”
So the armed guards can be at the entry points and the unarmed staff can deal with aggressive patients inside the facility. They are trying to make it sound like there will be armed guards walking around the hospital. No, `just a protected perimeter.

As I previously mentioned, getting into this place is through a series of locked doors, much like a prison. Once inside, no one is armed

Back
Top Bottom