• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting death of armed 20-year-old UMass student after mental health incident with police prompts protest

Dressed to Kill

NES Member

Suicide by cop obviously. The cops tried a less-than-lethal sponge round too. The family can't deal with the kid and call the cops to deal with him and when they run out of options and is forced to put him down there will be protests? [rolleyes] If Maura had IVF that could've been hers son

I (while playing with my new kukri) am offended that you may be suggesting that all kukri owners are terrorist!
Oh no, lol, I know your use of it would be purely for raging vengeance and not ideological.
I’m down with vengeance. 🍻

What did cross my mind is the online radicalization that’s still going on today, and the sometimes very specific instructions that come with that, and if there’s some online connection to the two events, which if so may lead to similar attacks coming down the line.

They’re so quick to organize these protests but slow in demanding the body-worn cameras. “He would never xyz…” my ass! Dude was cutting himself and reportedly told to drop the knife he didn’t drop the knife and kept advancing. He f’d around and found out.

Observe:
View: https://youtu.be/ZQbYex9O8UE

Ya I’m pretty sure Cambridge PD has body cams for a few years now. Let’s see the tale of the tape Jean.

I never heard of a sponge round.
It doesn't seem like it would be very effective.
Is it similar to a bean bag round?

From the $43k+ narrative from his GFM:

Hi, This is Sajjad Sanid from Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE). As you all know the brutal killing of a very young man Sayed Arif Faisal in Cambridge on last January 4th. His family is devastated.
Arif Sayed Faisal was a 20 year old UMASS student and resident of Cambridge . He was a bright, hardworking and studious young man who worked at CVS while pursuing his bachelor's degree in engineering. He was his parents' only child. Imagine losing your only child due to senseless police brutality. Imagine that . He was shot and killed by Cambridge police officers on January 4th in broad daylight. Video footage released to the news show the young man being chased down the street by multiple police. The footage shows him running away from the police, not engaging or attacking them. Additionally, an eye witness stated to news channel that she didn't see Faisal attacking police when he was shot. We want and demand justice for Syed Faisal. This could be my son or your son or my brother or your brother. It could happen to any of us. We need to hold Cambridge police accountable .
Sayed Arif Faisal is a very young and energetic guy who has a dream of joining US Army after his graduation. He was pursuing bachelor degree on Computer Science. He was a very bright kid with a very great dream which is shattered on police bullets. Being an active member of Bangladeshi community he used to join all the community activities and helped the community on every aspects. He was a very smart and obedient kid who tried to support himself and the family by working part-time. Now, all this activities become past and his families dream of seeing him succeed has been shattered.
I am urging everyone to donate as much as you can in this fundraiser to support his poor luck family.

Call the cops on some mental dude with a knife and this stuff happens.

Gilford PD killed a 17 year old last week.

Knife is a threat. Cops are trained to deal with the threat.

It would be funny so hold a knife while inside a box made of bullet proof glass. Cops would just sit there and mag-dump until their hands cramp because A) you still have the knife and B) The rules are they keep shooting until you drop it (or drop with it).

Would be nice to see a longer distance foaming bear spray for these situations.
Pretty hard to hurt yourself or others while sucking down a face full of concentrated pain.

I never heard of a sponge round.
It doesn't seem like it would be very effective.
Is it similar to a bean bag round?
Sponge Rounds are only effective if you wet them first.

It makes the round heavier and it goes faster and is also less lethal.

The Police never wet the sponge first and they will be taken to task on this omission of protocol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qt70xMsvdM

Why the hell does the title of the story say U-Mass student? The shooting didn't happen anywhere near the College.
Just a liberal news paper trying to paint the kid in a good light, and stir up some shit by mentioning the protests.

I would like to see Turtleboy's take on this story.

Video will show the police tried numerous times to de-escalate, they pleaded with him tonsrop the large knife, they deployed numerous non lethal means and in the end the man chose to charge them causing the officers to deploy deadly force. The Cambridge minds want the police strung up and are on the track to make this an Asian/Brown skin issue. If the officers let him go and he slashed others, the same snowflakes would be crying to ban knives and blame the police.

From the $43k+ narrative from his GFM:

Hi, This is Sajjad Sanid from Bangladesh Association of New England (BANE). As you all know the brutal killing of a very young man Sayed Arif Faisal in Cambridge on last January 4th. His family is devastated.
Arif Sayed Faisal was a 20 year old UMASS student and resident of Cambridge . He was a bright, hardworking and studious young man who worked at CVS while pursuing his bachelor's degree in engineering. He was his parents' only child. Imagine losing your only child due to senseless police brutality. Imagine that . He was shot and killed by Cambridge police officers on January 4th in broad daylight. Video footage released to the news show the young man being chased down the street by multiple police. The footage shows him running away from the police, not engaging or attacking them. Additionally, an eye witness stated to news channel that she didn't see Faisal attacking police when he was shot. We want and demand justice for Syed Faisal. This could be my son or your son or my brother or your brother. It could happen to any of us. We need to hold Cambridge police accountable .
Sayed Arif Faisal is a very young and energetic guy who has a dream of joining US Army after his graduation. He was pursuing bachelor degree on Computer Science. He was a very bright kid with a very great dream which is shattered on police bullets. Being an active member of Bangladeshi community he used to join all the community activities and helped the community on every aspects. He was a very smart and obedient kid who tried to support himself and the family by working part-time. Now, all this activities become past and his families dream of seeing him succeed has been shattered.
I am urging everyone to donate as much as you can in this fundraiser to support his poor luck family.

I can't tell if AI is getting better at writing or if humanity is getting worse.

In my opinion, from both sides of the badge, nothing good comes from calling the cops on someone with a mental health crisis. As a "normy", I called the police for someone threatening to kill themselves, and ended up getting stabbed while the Hinsdale chief of police stood there watching. As an officer, I was called on a teen boy who was threatening to swallow pills, who had zero weapons but my chief said "Take him down", causing the parents to go into hysterics and the kid to freak out completely. I had it handled calmly up until then.

Back
Top Bottom