Shooters Outpost going into Amherst NH (old Sportsmans Trading) Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife or I drive by there several times a week (part of some of our commute routes).

As of last week, we saw no changes.

Oh yeah, they are actually not going into the old sportsman trading, they are going into the large store next to it, that used to be a Karate studio.

The Shooters outpost hate is rediculious.... be alittle cooler and you’ll have less problems in life... this advice isn’t SO specific....

I would like some more details... I though he wa opening his addition... is he expanding to multiple locations??

I guess I just don’t think big enough or can’t handle the stress... good for him.... was shooting some gear I got from him all weekend. Solid guy.

The Shooters outpost hate is rediculious.... be alittle cooler and you’ll have less problems in life... this advice isn’t SO specific....

I would like some more details... I though he wa opening his addition... is he expanding to multiple locations??

I guess I just don’t think big enough or can’t handle the stress... good for him.... was shooting some gear I got from him all weekend. Solid guy.

Both, I believe, although I'm only familiar with the original location.

The new addition to the Hooksett store is beautiful. In addition to the really nice two-story store they originally built, there's now a firearms museum with tons of cool stuff (full-auto, military jeep, etc.), and there's also a cafe that sells some good food that's in the same building but not connected (separate entrance, as well). If you're buying a gun and waiting on NICS, the restaurant or the museum of the owner's personal firearm collection are good places to go hang out without needing to get back into your car.

If anybody is in the area, it's definitely worth a stop and look-see. In fact, if you're interested in military arms, the free museum could be worth a special trip.

For a mag? Never in my life have I been asked to produce a DL to buy a mag. Ever. There has to be more to the story.

There isn't. Literally stopped through on a Hooksett fireworks and firearms stop while heaed north to buy non-crippled mags - so my kids could plink with my 15-22. Picked out 2 25 round mags and a brick of CCI. They asked for a license and refused to sell the mags, even after I showed them an LTC and NH P&R, and explained they were for north of the border use only. I even offered to show my tax bill for the NH house. Nope. Their shop, their rules, but....fvck them

There isn't. Literally stopped through on a Hooksett fireworks and firearms stop while heaed north to buy non-crippled mags - so my kids could plink with my 15-22. Picked out 2 25 round mags and a brick of CCI. They asked for a license and refused to sell the mags, even after I showed them an LTC and NH P&R, and explained they were for north of the border use only. I even offered to show my tax bill for the NH house. Nope. Their shop, their rules, but....fvck them

They don’t know if the magazines will stay in New Hampshire and if you like it so much here and really do own property why not just get a New Hampshire drovers license? Might save you a few dollars in taxes as well.

Personally, I agree with the shooters outpost policies. Why should you be allowed to buy something here thst you can’t buy at home? It’s bad enough that you can carry here and New Hampshire residents are denied that right when they visit Massachusetts. So, no not fvck SO, fvck you!

They don’t know if the magazines will stay in New Hampshire and if you like it so much here and really do own property why not just get a New Hampshire drovers license? Might save you a few dollars in taxes as well.

Personally, I agree with the shooters outpost policies. Why should you be allowed to buy something here thst you can’t buy at home? It’s bad enough that you can carry here and New Hampshire residents are denied that right when they visit Massachusetts. So, no not fvck SO, fvck you!
Jesus. That's a little harsh.

I'm glad you feel like laws in your state shouldn't apply equally to everyone there. Very statist of you. Thanks Maura.

Talking about outing yourself. Elitist much?

Should I not be able to buy lower taxed booze when i drink up there? Maybe not buy fireworks? Maybe I should send the sales tax when I go to a store down to Maura. YOUR statist non-libertarian attitudes are why NH is becoming MA North. The rules are good enough for ME, just not you other people.

And FWIW, I have a NH P&R for when I was carrying in NH pre-Con Carry. Same as CT, and RI (in process). You could get a MA non-res if you so desired to have the same right to carry out of state. So your straw man is for shit, but nice try. Don't blame me for shitty .gov policies that I don't support and did not vote for.

Classic Freudian defense projection. Any other deficiencies there?

lol, this is great. wasn't aware the seller has to also be your parent wrt a metal box and a spring...

It's bad enough, finantialy, that work brings me by the Hooksett store at least once a month, now they are opening a store less than 10 minutes from my home. I'm doomed. I'll end up eating rahman breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But my collection will be epic.

For a mag? Never in my life have I been asked to produce a DL to buy a mag. Ever. There has to be more to the story.

Cant remember the place but it's right above Townsend in NH before they changed owners.

Was buying a standard cap mag for my USP 45 Compact,guy asked me for my DL..I was like WTF,whatever. Seen it was MA and said he couldn't sell me the magazine lol Ended up getting it explaining that an 8 round mag is not illegal in MA.

Just chalked it up to it being a private business and their own rules.

After what MFL went through some years back,I don't blame them for not selling anything to MA residents. One small mistake on a $10 accessory could end up costing thousands in legal fees fighting the MA AG.

You must be one of those people that are talked about here. Liberals that move from MA into NH.

Damn,just do NH a favor and move back to Cambridge.

What store do u recommend?

Runnings, In Claremont and Hinsdale, Bass Pro, Riley's, Plus others. You take your pick. For me it will be any of them except that joint. Me wants to enforce The law for Maura, then maybe he should move his shops there.

It's bad enough, finantialy, that work brings me by the Hooksett store at least once a month, now they are opening a store less than 10 minutes from my home. I'm doomed. I'll end up eating rahman breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But my collection will be epic.

Impulse control,you don't have any.

Are you over 300lbs by any chance ?:D

Personally, I disagree with the S.O. policy, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

As for why purchase should be allowed? Because the constitution specific forbids states from getting all up in the business of their neighboring states. Same reason why Town Fair Tire won against MA, and why the new cross-state sales tax regime doesn't apply to walk-in purchases.

So back on topic -- any update on the new Amherst store?

Any store. Any store I've purchased from has never required a DL to buy mags. NONE. EVER.
Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy given that you refuse to buy from the two or three stores in NH where they card for ammo and mags?

Yeah, I'm not buying it. There has to be more to the story.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. There has to be more to the story.

Since you're calling me a liar, why not give them a call and ask? 603-232-6125. I bet you a bottle of Scotch.....

The question should go something like this:

"Will you statist fvcks sell a standard cap magazine to a MA resident with LTC and P&R who has stated they will only keep it at their house in NH?"

You can pretty it up.....or see that there isn't MOAR to the story.

....or you can depose my son...he would still be salty about it if I hadn't driven up the street to another FFL and bought them there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom