Shipping with Fed-Ex...

So, I picked up a Sig Sauer SP2022 and upon getting it home, I realized that the decocker wasn't working. Called Sig Sauer and they had no problem setting up an RMA and emailing me a shipping label. So I have it all packed and ready to go, but Fed-Ex says I have to bring it about 40 minutes away to one of their few shipping centers that deal with firearms... Anybody have any info on a better way? The guy I spoke to said it would be bad to just toss it into one of their shipping cans that are located everywhere... but....

Go to the FedEx center, and you will be sure it gets to where its going.
Otherwise...

I recently shipped a handgun back to S&W via FedEx, without issues. They sent me a label and I just called FedEx to schedule the pick-up...I never mentioned the firearm until the driver picked it up. Maybe go that route and hopefully the driver takes it for you?

Scheduled pickup depot are the legit ways as you are dealing directly with the common carrier in both cases, and not an intermediary like a retail shipping storefront.

I think you can call and schedule a pickup, but I'm not sure exactly what their firearms policy is. It's an inconvenience, but I'd say it's worth it to bring it to their recommended shipping center.

I remember when my dad worked for FedEx Ground, they'd open packages at the terminal that'd shipped from manufacturers that were known to contain handguns and photograph the firearm itself, to maintain something akin to "chain-of-evidence" (aka "it wasn't stolen when it was here!")

Yeah, I bought it from a dealer, but Sig was on it instantly so I figure it's not a big deal to keep the dealer from having to take care of it further. I guess I'll just take a drive to the shipping center. Rather not have a curious driver or a paparazzi snapping pics haha... Just figured I'd see what other people have fone through for the same thing. Thanks everyone.

Yeah, I bought it from a dealer, but Sig was on it instantly so I figure it's not a big deal to keep the dealer from having to take care of it further. I guess I'll just take a drive to the shipping center. Rather not have a curious driver or a paparazzi snapping pics haha... Just figured I'd see what other people have fone through for the same thing. Thanks everyone.

Shipping a firearm via Fedex is very expensive. I would get a shipping label from SIG or give it back to the dealer and let them ship it.

How about a road trip to Epping/Portsmouth to drop it of? About 1.5 hours or so I think? Nice drive and they have an awesome store at Epping (every model they produce is on the floor and they have a fully stocked magpul section ;)

How about a road trip to Epping/Portsmouth to drop it of? About 1.5 hours or so I think? Nice drive and they have an awesome store at Epping (every model they produce is on the floor and they have a fully stocked magpul section ;)

This may be the best idea... I'll just have to tell my wife it's illegal to ship it and I have to take a day trip. Mwahahahahahaha :D

Back
Top Bottom