Shipping revolver from overseas

I got permission from my Grandmother in Sicily to take ownership of my late grandfathers WW2 Italian military police service revolver. I dont know what it is, but know that my father took a look at it a couple years ago during his visit and said it looks pretty good. Before I loose sleep googling the entire internet searching for answers, I'd give it a shot here hoping all you knowledgeable people would know. Reply here or PM me, I dont care. Heck, call me if you want. 978-290-7950. Thanks, Matt

I do have a C&R if that makes any difference.

EDIT: It could possibly be a Glisenti revolver

Last edited:
I got permission from my Grandmother in Sicily to take ownership of my late grandfathers WW2 Italian military police service revolver. I dont know what it is, but know that my father took a look at it a couple years ago during his visit and said it looks pretty good. Before I loose sleep googling the entire internet searching for answers, I'd give it a shot here hoping all you knowledgeable people would know. Reply here or PM me, I dont care. Heck, call me if you want. 978-290-7950. Thanks, Matt

I do have a C&R if that makes any difference.

EDIT: It could possibly be a Glisenti revolver

You''ll need to work through an FFL. The import permit you require is a Form 6 Part 1, and these are issued by the BATF. (http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53303a.pdf). Call the ATF and ask the question, they are usually very helpful - 304 616 4550

The other cliff hanger is that you'll have to find out what the laws are in Italy with regard to exporting the gun out of the country. If there is some kind of registry system in Italy and your grandfather's gun isn't in the system, which is often the case with heirlooms, you might have problems getting the necessary paperwork. It would certainly be worth talking to your relatives and getting them to find out what local laws prevail.

Last edited:
Talking to my grandmother about the laws might be tough since she is 85 years old and isolates herself from "current modern life". She is very "old school" and wouldnt have a clue where to start. She assumes, bring her brother over, which he is also in his late 80's, pack it up and ship it. I told her not to.
I'll give ATF a call and ask.

thanks

Also give Carl at Four Seasons a call. Carl used to have an employee who was a licensed importer. He quit FS to work the import business full-time. This was many years ago and I don't recall his name.

If you can connect with him, he might be able to help you understand all that is required from both ends.

HOWEVER, that damn EOPS List may give you trouble . . . no MA FFL may want to transfer it to you since it's not on the List. In that case since it is C&R, you may want to deal with a NH FFL for the transfer FFL to C&R FFL.

Frank Ferrante used to have a gun shop in Weare, NH but is now operating co-located with Jim McLoud at Manchester Firing Line. Frank is an importer, so you might also try connecting up with him via Jim. Warning, he travels a lot out of the US to set up the deals so he's not easy to get in touch with, but Jim will probably know where and when you can contact him.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom