• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shipping/receiving of an air gun

WillyT

NES Member
Looking for some feedback on legal shipping question. I bought a Hatsan .22 cal air rifle back in 2020 (Covid height issues at that time). It's a break barrel spring operated compressed air type of gun, that's fairly powerful for an air rifle (1500 FPS). The distributor in Ohio shipped it direct to me back then when I purchased it new under their ruling of the Mass laws. I went to load it the other day, and couldn't get any resistance on the cocking barrel, so the gas piston seals have failed. Contacted the manufacturer and this repair requires shipping to Hatsan's US HQ in Arizona for replacement.

Amazingly enough, they are going good for the repair so kudos to them, on that. My legal question is: Can I ship it common carrier (UPS) since it's a air rifle, or do I have to have to get a FFL involved to ship/receive since anything in Mass is deemed a rifle? Please advise. I carry a Mass LTC today and do not want to screw that up over a stupid air gun repair. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom