• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shield MA release date

I went to Four Seasons to see the S&W M&P Shield. I was very impressed. The store employee told me that MA would be keeping the 6.5# trigger. I was so impressed with the gun that I pre-ordered one. Really nice gun! I also pre-ordered a DeSantis holster from Optics Planet.

I called S&W today and was told that the MA compliant Sheild would have a 10 lb trigger. Buy stock in Apex because they will be selling a lot of kits.

losing ambidextrous controls doesn't bother me...lefties can't be trusted anyway.

Here's Hickok's review.

Last edited by a moderator:
losing ambidextrous controls doesn't bother me...lefties can't be trusted anyway.

Here's Hickok's review.

You ever seen Hickok say "fail" about a gun? He's a gun slut. LOL. I still love him.
[smile]

Just thought I'd through this into the mix:

[video=youtube_share;06WRewaGNAE]http://youtu.be/06WRewaGNAE[/video]

The part the guy that made this video doesn't get, is that in "upgrading" to an M&P9c, you end up with (relatively large for its class) brick with an identity crisis.

-Mike

Here's Hickok's review.

For my entertainment, PLEASE explain to me why I can't be trusted as a LEFT HANDED shooter????? Please either educate me or better yet AMUSE me...

Yea I saw that one. He has lots of great vids, but I posted a comment that didn't agree with him and he got a little upset. All I said was that I thought the comparison to the 9c wasn't all that appropriate and that the Shield would be a huge seller. Which I believe has turned out to be true.

Just thought I'd through this into the mix:

[video=youtube_share;06WRewaGNAE]http://youtu.be/06WRewaGNAE[/video]

For my entertainment, PLEASE explain to me why I can't be trusted as a LEFT HANDED shooter????? Please either educate me or better yet AMUSE me...

Because the left is our opposition! Lol.

No, I was actually talking about left handed shooters...cus they are freakish and weird, like redheads.

(not serious, just a joke/word play)

No, I was actually talking about left handed shooters...cus they are freakish and weird, like redheads.

(not serious, just a joke/word play)
Dated a redhead for a year. And you're not that far off haha.
She is the CEO's daughter... Talk about playing with fire

A good buddy of mine works for SW and he has one, he's a retired LEO...what a nice pistol. I asked him when they will be MA ok, he said he wasn't sure if SW was going put the shield through MA's compliant test. However he think ( guys talking at SW) that they will be releasing a MA ok version

Dated a redhead for a year. And you're not that far off haha.
She is the CEO's daughter... Talk about playing with fire

Yes that could be trouble [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

OK Thems are fighting words, I'm Left Handed and so is my Left Handed Red Headed Wife, now put up your duk's [smile] [wink] [laugh]

I went to Four Seasons to see the S&W M&P Shield. I was very impressed. The store employee told me that MA would be keeping the 6.5# trigger. I was so impressed with the gun that I pre-ordered one. Really nice gun! I also pre-ordered a DeSantis holster from Optics Planet.

Looking forward to getting the M&P Shield as soon as I can. Already have Holster & Ammo!

DeSantisShieldHolster.jpg DeSantisShieldPacking.jpg

Some more related vids:

[video=youtube_share;BhUY5TefNN0]http://youtu.be/BhUY5TefNN0[/video]

Some more related vids:

[video=youtube_share;BhUY5TefNN0]http://youtu.be/BhUY5TefNN0[/video]

[laugh2][rofl] holy internet commando! He's worried about safety's and spaces between slide and frame but he's wearing a SR9 hat [rofl] I just love reviews from unqualified people who havent even shot the firearm their "reviewing"

On the otherhand, I subscribed two the 1st reviewers youtube channel[smile]

I don't know how much better their info is than anyone else's, but Pullman Arms posted up today that they heard the Shield will be available by October. Of course "by" could still mean "before" but it seems like its going to be later than previously thought.

Going with the 9mm. I intend on putting tons of rounds through it. / Cheaper Ammo / Less kick "size"
Ditto. I've already got a .40 and a .45... Ammo is too damn expensive!! haha
I don't know how much better their info is than anyone else's, but Pullman Arms posted up today that they heard the Shield will be available by October. Of course "by" could still mean "before" but it seems like its going to be later than previously thought.
That's surprising to hear. I have my name down for one with Pullman Arms. I want this thing for summer carry damnit!!

GOAL posted a video today with Paul Pluff from S&W saying that the Shield will be compliant in a week or two. I was pretty excited til I remembered that the event where the vid was shot was more than a month ago. False alarm.

rabbid said:
GOAL posted a video today with Paul Pluff from S&W saying that the Shield will be compliant in a week or two. I was pretty excited til I remembered that the event where the vid was shot was more than a month ago. False alarm.

Gah! Got my hopes up haha

djmefitz said:
I talked with executive office this week. The ag's list will be out by the end of July. Then I called S&W who told me the shield is the list.

Best news I've heard all day! Thanks for the update

I was wondering about the SC Range and the Shield so I called the number I have for the guy that was/is the shooting center manager.

Someone that works there answered, he said they have no idea when it is going to reopen right now, I told him we have been told July and he said "No Way Will It Be Reopened By Then".

I also asked about the SHIELD and he said they are not getting any info from S&W right now so he / they have no idea when it will be out in MASS.

I think I will be going with a SHIELD, I bought a Ruger LC9. I went to my range with it and fired 100 rounds. I think I only fired 3 rounds without problems.

It keep jaming, it also would not throw the fired round out, or it wouldn't fire at all and the slide 99% of the time wouldn't lock back after the last round.

I'm going to call Four Seasons to return it, I hope they don't tell me to return it to Ruger, if I have to do that it is gone as soon as I get it back from them.

As I wrote yesterday, S&W "communication" with the paid range members is nonexistent. Also, I was at a MA gun shop on Saturday and the owner said he talked with some S&W v.p. who said they haven't even submitted the Shield for testing, haven't built a MA compliant model yet and are straight out trying to fill Shield orders for the non anti-gun states (my description of MA) so the lack of good info from S&W is once again becoming the norm.

Back
Top Bottom