She gets a lot of action- the M&P

Does anyone on this site not have an M&P?!

I have a compact one in 9mm. I bought it because I wanted a DAO and everyone seems to love this gun. Also, the free magazine deal had something to do with it...

I'm still new to the gun world so I'm wondering what makes this particular model so popular. There are more posts about the M&P here than any other gun by far! I should say that mine is getting more range time than my other guns. I have the best accuracy with it and I like the way it feels but I want to know why everyone else is so hot for the M&P.

Does anyone on this site not have an M&P?!

I don't need no stinkin' plastic guns. [rolleyes]

Redhawk5_5-vi.jpg

count me as another who does not own a M&P.
Although i would like to buy one,i'm holding out for the .45 verison

Last edited:
I think there are a couple of things at work here

I always preface anything I say by reminding people I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But it seems like the excitement about the M & Ps come from Glockies who like the adjustable grips on the M & P. The other polymer with adjustable grips
(PX4) isn't available in MA. The P99 is an excellent gun but it just never seemd to catch on.

Maybe it being a MA company might have something to do with it. Good customer service.

I have one in 9mm and one in .45 and I'm phasing out all my others.

I'm still new to the gun world so I'm wondering what makes this particular model so popular. There are more posts about the M&P here than any other gun by far! I should say that mine is getting more range time than my other guns. I have the best accuracy with it and I like the way it feels but I want to know why everyone else is so hot for the M&P.

Looks like you've answered your own question. For those of us that don't have issues with a poly gun.. the ergonomics are just about as perfect as can be. It's a damn good price... unlike Glocks you can easily get them new. S&W has a great warrantee to boot.

Well, I should add that although I really love the M&P my favorite gun is my Ruger SP101. The thing I'm really trying to understand is what makes the M&P THE most talked-about gun on these pages right now. It seems like I might be missing something since I'm relatively new to this scene. I suppose a year ago there was some other gun everyone bought and next year it will be something else!

The thing I'm really trying to understand is what makes the M&P THE most talked-about gun on these pages right now.
It's new. And I don't have one and am not really interested in getting one; the ones I shot at S&W had awful triggers.

I'll stick with my K9 for carry. If I run out of ammo I can always beat the bad guy to death with it since it's all steel. [smile]

Hmm... probably not a statement calculated to convince a GFW that I'm not a lunatic. Oh, well.

I don't have one either... One, because if I do get one, it's going to be the .45. Two, like Ross, I didn't seem to shoot that great with it at S&W. But, I think that that might have been because it was the compact. I didn't get to shoot the full size. I was having a lot of fun with the Model 41.

It's new. And I don't have one and am not really interested in getting one; the ones I shot at S&W had awful triggers.

I'll stick with my K9 for carry. If I run out of ammo I can always beat the bad guy to death with it since it's all steel. [smile]

Hmm... probably not a statement calculated to convince a GFW that I'm not a lunatic. Oh, well.

Try mine and I think you'd change your mind.

I have picked them up in the store and find that they just don't trip my trigger.

All the more for those who like them.

Back
Top Bottom