Service / carry pistols?

I've witnessed three NDs with M9s, one of them fatal. Another one wounded a 9-year-old girl standing nearby. All despite the safety catch.

I think I understand the military obsession with mechanical safeties, but I think they're unnecessary from a training standpoint. I think they add a moving part, which becomes a point of failure when dealing with Joe.

To me, going to the Glock would simplify training: the sole need would be to teach kids to keep the booger hook off the bang switch. You'd still get military NDs (because Joe will be Joe), but I don't see a downside. And even though I'm vocally (but cordially) anti-Glock in my own life, going over to that platform is a no-brainer in any institutional context.

They're just too easy to train on, maintain, and replace. And they're dead reliable.
USAF we carried M9s with the safety off.

“Limp wristing” ha! I’ve seen some women at the range that looked like they’d almost shoot the roof after each shot..
no it’s the the problem here.

I found stovepipes a consistent issue. Enough for me to wonder about stock Glock as best scenario. I switched back to M9 and then Walther PDP.
hmmm.... I've shot plenty of Glocks with no stove piping.
I've also shot, and used to always carry, a 45. Never put a hole in the roof of any cover at the ranges....

hmmm.... I've shot plenty of Glocks with no stove piping.
I've also shot, and used to always carry, a 45. Never put a hole in the roof of any cover at the ranges....
I've had my glocks stove pipe several times. But it was obviously not the guns fault. I was trying to take a precision long distance shot (50 yards at a small target) and holding the gun very loosley so I could ensure a smooth trigger pull and not knock my sights out of alignment

In all this shit stirring what is lost is that the PDP is in fact a great pistol. Imagine how this thread would have digressed if he had said he carried some gun that’s actually terrible.

Bagged like a professional troller.

Frankly I’d be surprised if he wasn’t driving an old cruiser trade in from the state police fleet.

To be fair, if I could get a real good deal, I’d love a retired cop car. Then I’d give it a black and white paint scheme and get a black suit for me and my son.

This I'd mentioned on the target sports thread. I recently had 600 rounds of Aquila 9mm target ammo, it malfunctioned consistently in my gen5 19 as well as a p80 based g19 (a gen3). Every mag at least one malfunction. The root cause was it being underpowered.

My Sig 226 ate the rest of the 500+ rounds with a 0% failure rate.

This is a pretty rare event I witnessed, but at the moment I'd say that Glock design is less tolerant to ammunition on the weak side. Which if your ammo is 100% good, isn't an issue. It'd be nice if I had a 229 in 9mm to compare it to for a closer apples to apples (size wise).. and still that'd be a much heavier weapon. I can't say Glocks are unreliable in any way either, just some other design is capable of eating that garbage better.

Back
Top Bottom