Sending G19 back to Glock

RDG

So last year I bought and older "MA compliant" Gen 3 Glock 19. Got it for a good price so I figured what the hell. It appears to be a police trade in as it's got a number etched in the trigger guard.

So I decided to send it back to Glock for there free refushimemt program and to have the barrel and slide recoated. It was gonna cost me $60 for the recoat but the refurbishment was free.

First the bad, it cost me $80 to UPS overnight the gun to Glock. Sucks. I'm sure it probably been cheaper going through a FFL but I didn't want to bother and just figured I'd eat it.

Within 2-3 days of being there, the actually tech working the gun called me. He found a small crack in the slide and they were replacing the entire slide minus barrel. Not a bad deal. Said the frame looked fine but it was getting some new parts. Asked if I still wanted my barrel recoated for $20. Said sure why not... although I kinda wish I had just put the money toward a new barrel instead.

Got to gun back this week with a list of parts replaced.
firing pin, plunger, connector, extractor, firing pin safety, locking block, mag catch, mag catch spring, slide cover plate, recoil spring, slide lock, slide slick spring, stop lever, trigger housing, trigger housing pin, trigger pin, trigger spring, trigger with trigger bar.

I realize some of those parts are in the new slide but it seems like they replaced most of the frame parts. Not too bad of a deal for a free program.

So essentially for $100, I got a new slide and a lower with basically all new parts. Not too bad. Total time was 2 weeks.

If you've got a older Glock... you can't beat this program.

For what it's worth I've used ups to send a few firearms and they always allowed me to use second day for about $35 insured. Glad they took care of you. I contacted them about upgrading a beat up gen 2 frame under their replacement program. Generally for a $100 they'll destroy your old frame and replace it with new. All was great til I told them Im from MA. They said the frame could only be replaced under a warranty issue. Im trying to "find" a warranty issue before contacting them again.

So last year I bought and older "MA compliant" Gen 3 Glock 19. Got it for a good price so I figured what the hell. It appears to be a police trade in as it's got a number etched in the trigger guard.

So I decided to send it back to Glock for there free refushimemt program and to have the barrel and slide recoated. It was gonna cost me $60 for the recoat but the refurbishment was free.

First the bad, it cost me $80 to UPS overnight the gun to Glock. Sucks. I'm sure it probably been cheaper going through a FFL but I didn't want to bother and just figured I'd eat it.

Within 2-3 days of being there, the actually tech working the gun called me. He found a small crack in the slide and they were replacing the entire slide minus barrel. Not a bad deal. Said the frame looked fine but it was getting some new parts. Asked if I still wanted my barrel recoated for $20. Said sure why not... although I kinda wish I had just put the money toward a new barrel instead.

Got to gun back this week with a list of parts replaced.
firing pin, plunger, connector, extractor, firing pin safety, locking block, mag catch, mag catch spring, slide cover plate, recoil spring, slide lock, slide slick spring, stop lever, trigger housing, trigger housing pin, trigger pin, trigger spring, trigger with trigger bar.

I realize some of those parts are in the new slide but it seems like they replaced most of the frame parts. Not too bad of a deal for a free program.

So essentially for $100, I got a new slide and a lower with basically all new parts. Not too bad. Total time was 2 weeks.

If you've got a older Glock... you can't beat this program.

Refurbish a police trade in, are you serious ??? Some of the police trade in's I've bought over the years were like brand new inside. I think they only use those pistols to qualify. I seriously doubt that they even fire 100 rounds a year out of those Glock's. It's all cosmetic, mostly holster wear. The last refurbished Glock 17 I bought, all I did was cerakote the slide, and that only cost me $45 bucks.

I sent a gen 2.5 g27 in for service. They replaced all the guts in the frame and the slide and replaced the old extractor with an extremely effective loaded chamber indicator style extractor for free.

Cost me $68 to ship overnight. They shipped it back. Had it back in a week.

I am completely impressed with what they did for me.

ETA: They also replaced 3 old 9-round mags with new ones for nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom