• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sen Warren Bulk Ammo Ban Bill S3223

More Stupidity, they just can't stop
Limits you to 100 of 50 cal or 1000 rounds of any other caliber in a 5 day period. Have to pass background check. Seller need to keep records of transactions. The seller needs to be licensed to sell ammo. Records have to be sent to the AG. The AG has to destroy the records in 60 days.

Link to bill, it doesn't have the text yet

Last edited:
Almost like they’re on a mission
I think I see the pattern. Disarm the population as best you can and make it difficult to continue to protect themselves at every turn. flood the country with a bunch of needy migrants with a penchant for crime, ship those migrants all over the country and tell the states it’s on them to pay for their benefits. The state budgets crater, the migrants become more and more violent and “the people” clamor for the government to do something to protect them and then you get a CCP-style patriot act 2 that grants vast powers and controls to the government. Most on the right would support a suspension of the Constitution if they believed it would clamp down on illegals. Most on the left would support it if it meant the crippling of 1A and 2A.

How are they going to define “bulk”? They are stupid enough to define it as boxes over 10 rounds since that is the upper limit of the magazines they force on us.

How are they going to define “bulk”? They are stupid enough to define it as boxes over 10 rounds since that is the upper limit of the magazines they force on us.
The Guns and Gadgets video had the text. Bulk is 100 rounds of 50bmg or 1000 rounds of any other caliber. Can't buy more than that in a 5 day period. And there is a background check and record keeping that has to be sent to the AG. The AG has to destroy the records after 60 days.

Last edited:

House companion - no text either

House companion - no text either
I guess we can look forward to a bunch of “2A-loving” RINOs jumping on board with this “common sense” safety protocol?

The Guns and Gadgets video had the text. Bulk is 100 rounds of 50bmg or 1000 rounds of any other caliber. Can't buy more than that in a 5 day period.
Very rarely watch attached videos. Most of the time they are just time sinks.

I think I see the pattern. Disarm the population as best you can and make it difficult to continue to protect themselves at every turn. flood the country with a bunch of needy migrants with a penchant for crime, ship those migrants all over the country and tell the states it’s on them to pay for their benefits. The state budgets crater, the migrants become more and more violent and “the people” clamor for the government to do something to protect them and then you get a CCP-style patriot act 2 that grants vast powers and controls to the government. Most on the right would support a suspension of the Constitution if they believed it would clamp down on illegals. Most on the left would support it if it meant the crippling of 1A and 2A.

You mistake incompetence as malice. She's not evil, she's just dumb. She has no ability to see how this will affect anyone.

You see it every day here and elsewhere. You have someone with NO EXPERIENCE in this arena deciding on law for that arena. "Who the F is buying 1,000 rounds if not a criminal or terrorist. Sensible people buy 20-100 rounds. Ban it!" They do the same thing with fishing regulations, road maintenance and other bills. They just have not a clue and don't care to find out. (Plus the whole "ban something gun-related" plays to the mASSES of their followers.)

If there was some huge cabal, someone would have squealed by now. Lots of squealing. Tons of it. Not a peep. Clearly incompetence.

I guess we can look forward to a bunch of “2A-loving” RINOs jumping on board with this “common sense” safety protocol?

Oh I would say the exact opposite. A whole lot of Dems will say, "yeah, um, no. I'm not voting for that. I'll lose my seat if I vote for that."

I've been so resistant to reloading because it seems like its own hobby and I dont have the time or space, but I'm not sure for how much longer
It is. Once you can reload, you want to reload everything.

As long as brass and dies are available, everything else is easy and fun.

Even 50 BMG is affordable if you reload and cast your rounds. Although I am still not sure how a cast bullet works on a 50, but plenty of people told me it does.

Last edited:
Doubt this will go anywhere. Just fundraising propanga and something Biden can point to as "Hey....we tried to...but those dirty Republicans wouldn't let us".

Do we really think there will be a vote on this in the house? Not unless gets snuck in as some add on to some other "must pass" bill.

That's the beauty of controlling the house. The speaker controls the agenda

It is. Once you can reload, you want to reload everything.

I look for some somewhat uncommon or obscure calibers. Like I bought a 357 Maximum because I thought the "Maximum" sounded cool. And f*ck it, I can reload for it.

As long as brass and dies are available, everything else is easy and fun.

Even 50 BMG is affordable if you reload and cast your rounds. Although I am still not sure how a cast bullet works on a 50, but plenty of people told me it does.
Long conversation yesterday at the range with a couple of friends re loading 5.56.

I just don’t know if I shoot enough of it to bother…. But shit like this makes me consider it.

Long conversation yesterday at the range with a couple of friends re loading 5.56.

I just don’t know if I shoot enough of it to bother…. But shit like this makes me consider it.
9mm and 223 are tough to 'make money' on reloading especially if you fire non-brass cased ammo.
Just about everything else allows you to shoot a lot more for the same costs (you never lower the total costs)

9mm and 223 are tough to 'make money' on reloading especially if you fire non-brass cased ammo.
Just about everything else allows you to shoot a lot more for the same costs (you never lower the total costs)
I load 9mm, (also .38, .357, 357Sig and .45), because I shoot a lot of it - and I want plenty on hand with a consistent load. The others I don’t shoot as much of but the reason I load it is the same.

I don’t want to have to run to the store before a match, and I don’t want different recoils.

I probably shoot 300 rounds a week of 9mm. More sometimes. I shot around 600 rounds Saturday at a match.

I might shoot 200 rounds of 5.56 in a month. Or not. So it’s hard to talk myself into procuring supplies and re-configuring one of the presses …

Depends how you look at cost. If you are trying to match steel cased ammo, you can reload for cheaper but not a lot cheaper.

However, your ammo is custom to your gun and should perform better than factory. So I would compare it to match ammo.

The Guns and Gadgets video had the text. Bulk is 100 rounds of 50bmg or 1000 rounds of any other caliber. Can't buy more than that in a 5 day period. And there is a background check and record keeping that has to be sent to the AG. The AG has to destroy the records after 60 days.
Challenge accepted

Back
Top Bottom