• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling receiver out of state

I have an mp5 receiver that im selling and i know that if i were to sell it in state i would just do a bill of sale because i had the receiver transferred to me through a dealer via 4473 when i bought it originally. I have someone who is interested in it that lives in CT. How would i go about shipping the receiver to them and selling it to them? Do i have to ship it to an ffl in CT or can i ship it directly to them? Should i have them send me a copy of there firearms license before i ship it?

just need some insight

two ways...either you can have your buyer provide you a CT ffl that accepts transfers from non ffl sellers. He would then transfer the receiver to your buyer. Or you need to transfer from a NH ffl to the sellers ffl and need to account for any fee that the NH ffl would charge you on your end

if he was in MA, all i would need to do the transfer would be a copy of his ltc and i would make up a bill of sale...correct?

Been out of MA for a few years but I believe the FA-10 requirements for instate transfer of firearms still applies but someone might be more knowledgeable than I in these matters

Been out of MA for a few years but I believe the FA-10 requirements for instate transfer of firearms still applies but someone might be more knowledgeable than I in these matters

No FA-10 on frames in MA. Only on complete guns.

Xfr within MA between 2 LTC holders is simply a bill of sale (and yes, I'd note the LTC #) just as a CYA thing.

Interstate, BATFE considers the frame to be a "gun" and thus mandates an FFL transfer ONLY between 2 parties that are not residents of the same state.

No FA-10 on frames in MA. Only on complete guns.

Xfr within MA between 2 LTC holders is simply a bill of sale (and yes, I'd note the LTC #) just as a CYA thing.

Interstate, BATFE considers the frame to be a "gun" and thus mandates an FFL transfer ONLY between 2 parties that are not residents of the same state.

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification

thank you for the clarification Lens, i was just talking to the buyer and he thought it was an older receiver, and know realizes that he can not have it

Back
Top Bottom