• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lower receiver

So I know this post I’m about to ask has prob been asked plenty of times but I’m gonna ask cause I can’t find it in the search bar.

What am I limited to when having a pre banned lower? Regarding “evil features” am I limited to anything?

Also why in the hell do people in mass build an AR or purchase one with a fixed mag lmao JUST to have extra features? I was always under the impression THIS was the only way to own an AR

if I build or buy a post banned lower what am I limited too? From what I know all I need to do is p/w a muzzle and a pinned stock then I can slap a pre 30 rnd mag. Ofc a minimum of 16’ barrel. All mad confusing to me still. Can someone put my mind at ease?

How many “evil features” can I have on a post ban vs what I can have on a pre banned

From what I know all I need to do is p/w a muzzle and a pinned stock then I can slap a pre 30 rnd mag. Ofc a minimum of 16’ barrel.
Yes, or non threaded barrel. No "flash hiders". That would be 16 inches ("), including the fixed muzzle device.

How many “evil features” can I have on a post ban vs what I can have on a pre banned
Post, one, usually pistol grip. Pre, all of them.

Also why in the hell do people in mass build an AR or purchase one with a fixed mag lmao JUST to have extra features? I was always under the impression THIS was the only way to own an AR
Now you're conflating the AWB, which is law, with the 2016 "enforcement notice", which is not.
Only reason I can see that makes any sense for a fixed mag lower in Ma is to build a cheap pistol, otherwise just go sbr...

Already answered for you. But it's also the first sticky in the sub where you just posted:

It’s very complicated for somebody who hasnt been doing it for a long time, it’s not your fault. It by design and then the Internet is loaded with bad information. Just buy yourself a pre-ban (pre 1994) shell out the extra money, worst case is you lose that money and you’ll be able to buy new guns after some court ruling, which may never happen. and even if it does, Massachusetts is just gonna pass more f***ing stupid laws and the process of start all over again.

It’s very complicated for somebody who hasnt been doing it for a long time, it’s not your fault. It by design and then the Internet is loaded with bad information. Just buy yourself a pre-band show out the extra money worst case so there anyways you lose that money and you’ll be able to buy new guns after some court ruling, which may never happen.
With all respect, no it's really not.

If it's a semiauto rifle with detachable magazines, you get one feature. The list is available in the linked thread. That's been the law in MA since 94.

If you want 2+ features, or to never worry, buy a preban. Otherwise, build in accordance with the law, or put on your big boy pants and do whatever you want.

If it's a semiauto rifle with detachable magazines, you get one feature. The list is available in the linked thread. That's been the law in MA since 94.

If you want 2+ features, or to never worry, buy a preban. Otherwise, build in accordance with the law, or put on your big boy pants and do whatever you want.
I’m not in total disagreement with you. Once Healey came out with her nonsense. It muddy the water is for everybody who doesn’t know if she’s just full full of shit the new legislation they’re proposing legitimately back that up otherwise they wouldn’t need it in the first place.

I’m not in total disagreement with you. Once Healey came out with her nonsense. It muddy the water is for everybody who doesn’t know if she’s just full full of shit the new legislation they’re proposing legitimately back that up otherwise they wouldn’t need it in the first place.
Not really
Her nonsense was always just that - and claimed to only apply to dealers (for now). Saying otherwise only empowers her.

Until the law changes, let's only talk about what it is - except in specific conversations about proposals that are hedged as such.

Is a detachable mag considered a feature? What is even considered a feature? Flash? Vertical grip? Sling? So weird that you can do everything on a remanned but not a post ban. I wanna just build on a post banned lower

Is a detachable mag considered a feature? What is even considered a feature? Flash? Vertical grip? Sling? So weird that you can do everything on a remanned but not a post ban. I wanna just build on a post banned lower
Then you have to build it with limited features - assuming you want to do so legally.

Ignore the FAQ from then AG Healey. Read the law.

From the Linked Faq (and law);

(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

So... To be included in the AWB it has to have a detachable mag AND 2 or more 'features', that means the detachable mag doesn't count as a 'feature'. To be post ban legal it can have one and as I wrote before usually you'd want the pistol grip.
Where do you get vertical grip (that's a pistol thing) or sling? You had it more or less right the first time, stop second guessing everything.
The 'features' you can only have one of are plainly listed in the law, don't expect it to make any practical sense, just read it again and follow it (to be legal).

So I know this post I’m about to ask has prob been asked plenty of times but I’m gonna ask cause I can’t find it in the search bar.

What am I limited to when having a pre banned lower? Regarding “evil features” am I limited to anything?

if I build or buy a post banned lower what am I limited too? From what I know all I need to do is p/w a muzzle and a pinned stock then I can slap a pre 30 rnd mag. Ofc a minimum of 16’ barrel. All mad confusing to me still. Can someone put my mind at ease?

Go green!!!

Read the law
Or just the first post of the linked FAQ thread
Or the first reply you were given

Learn to take care of yourself or your visits here will quickly get uncomfortable

Back
Top Bottom