Selling an AR in this climate.

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
So I have a question for the brain trust.

I have a mid-range AR-15 I picked up 4 years ago.

DPMS lower/upper, Midwest Industries furniture, no clue on the barrel or other internals.

It works well enough for me, but since I have another AR and a Daewoo K2, I don't really use it any more.

I am thinking I should sell it so someone else can use it and put the funds to another project.

What does the NES Braintrust think?

Sell and spread the freedom?

Keep for reasons?

Sell it to fund another project. I'm assuming you're moving up to bigger and badder things. It sounds like you have the AR realm taken care of.

Keep it. Even I don’t use my ARs that much anymore, but I keep them clean and shiny and ready to go to the range when I need to scratch that itch. Apart from the MA premium, I think 2020 will be an interesting year with respect to gun regulations.

Autumn is a great time to sell an AR in New England.
The climate is perfect...

autumn-New-England.jpg

Never sell, give to family maybe, I have two happy nephews, never sell stuff you can’t buy.

This ^...
I am already divvying up my collection amongst my relatives, while I still can do 4 E-FA-10s a year. Followed by four more in very early January...
With each transfer comes a warning. "Learn how to shoot and maintain this rifle."
Followed by "Start buying ammo... much ammo."

They already know about the Failure of Politics in America...

So I have a question for the brain trust.

I have a mid-range AR-15 I picked up 4 years ago.

DPMS lower/upper, Midwest Industries furniture, no clue on the barrel or other internals.

It works well enough for me, but since I have another AR and a Daewoo K2, I don't really use it any more.

I am thinking I should sell it so someone else can use it and put the funds to another project.

What does the NES Braintrust think?

Sell and spread the freedom?

Keep for reasons?

The Daewoo K2 has very few parts that can be cannibalized for the AR. (Great rifle though, owned one once...)

Think of the second AR as an operational "parts bin"...

How much you want, pm me info if selling
I'd be interested in the Daewoo though, as I have more AR's than fingers.

No, I'm not a shop teacher...

so many AR's for sale. what goes through my mind is that people might be thinking a confiscation in the near future. so they are trying to sell them before the perceived confiscation knowing the government if they were to act would not be paying to take them back.

that's just what I think when I see that many AR's for sale.

so many AR's for sale. what goes through my mind is that people might be thinking a confiscation in the near future. so they are trying to sell them before the perceived confiscation knowing the government if they were to act would not be paying to take them back.

That or panic due to fear of... is driving prices up.

Only in commie controlled gun registration shitholes would confiscation be possible

Too much of a hassle to sell with all that paperwork and statements of compliance along with the AG getting into your business. I run a home for wayward AR’s where your rifle would be more than welcome. We practice tough love and plenty of range time.

I'm not too afraid of confiscation, but the thought of never being able to perform a FTF sale in the future has piqued my interest.

Looks something like this:

First they say "No more FTF sales, sales only through FFL..."
Then they say "OK to sell only to family but not to anyone else. Oh, and only through FFL..."
Next they say "OK to own, but it's yours till you die...then it's Ours. Oh, and FFLs have been outlawed..."

Two is one... one is none. I’d keep the second AR as a backup.
It’s up to you though... if you never fire it and don’t care about being out of commission if you have a parts failure then go ahead.

For me the AR platform is nice because I can have a different setups... run one as an SBR (get a stamp), run another as a longer range/varmint gun

I'm not too afraid of confiscation, but the thought of never being able to perform a FTF sale in the future has piqued my interest.

Looks something like this:

First they say "No more FTF sales, sales only through FFL..."
Then they say "OK to sell only to family but not to anyone else. Oh, and only through FFL..."
Next they say "OK to own, but it's yours till you die...then it's Ours. Oh, and FFLs have been outlawed..."

that makes sense that they would go in that direction in mass. I'm still keeping mine though. maybe I should purchase one or two more in case they do go down that road.

that makes sense that they would go in that direction in mass. I'm still keeping mine though. maybe I should purchase one or two more in case they do go down that road.

.Gov won't be happy until it's Federal Law...

Back
Top Bottom