• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Secret Clubs?

I started looking for a club to join almost exactly a year ago. Unfortunately, deer season, moving into our new home, and winter all happened and I put my search on hold. A very nice guy from the Rhode Island Muzzleloader Club gave me a tour of the place, and it extremely convenient to my house, but I don't know if they have any memberships available. I am Very interested in the Somerset Sportsman's Club, they are 3 miles from my house, and have a 300 yard range. However, I cannot figure out how to contact them The phone just rings and rings, and the website looks like it hasn't been updated in about 3 years. It seems like they don't WANT to be contacted. Does anyone here belong to Somerset and know how to contact them?

They have any events that are open to the public? For instance, a lot of clubs have skeet and trap shoots open to all. I went to my club's weekly trap shoot, got a quick tour and an app.

You should head over on a sunday, since they are only 3 miles away. Doesn't pretty much every gun club have guys hanging out there on sundays?

Thanks guys! With the weather coming this weekend, I don't think many folks will be shooting trap unfortunately...

one can never tell, with Trapezoids. "Trap shooters are rugged, not bright"

When Hurricane Irene came through, we had a shoot scheduled. We shot. 'Nuff said. [laugh]

I suggested the Trap field, as most clubs allow non-members to shoot, and it's a good way to meet people.

Thanks guys! With the weather coming this weekend, I don't think many folks will be shooting trap unfortunately...

You said it's only 3 miles away. So what is the big deal? Get in your car and go see. If there isn't anyone there, then you've wasted what? A whole 10 minutes?

there are some clubs where the only point & click devices there don't use WiFi ;)

If you have not figured it out yet, go to the club. You need a sponsor. I am not a member anymore, moved out of state. They shoot Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning, Wednesday afternoon, Monday and Thursday nights depending on how many show up. I heard they capped membership again so find out if there is a waiting list. Has pistol and rifle ranges for members. Trap is open to the public.

Dana

Most clubs are run by volunteers in their free time. They generally don't have people standing by to answer phones. Best bet is to show up in person on days that people tend to go the the range and ask around.

Back
Top Bottom