Second Amendment Sisters

Today I received my official Second Amendment Sister membership. I am really excited to join the organization and hope to be an active participant in the Massachusetts chapter. Is anyone else on NES an active SAS? I'd love to connect with some other members [cheers]

Congrats,

Nicole and Kimmie come to mind. I'm certain that there are others. I know some others who attended a few years ago and have stopped attending for one reason or another.

Congrats!

I am sure you fill find some great gals to hang out with.
I hope you will be able to recruit more ladies in the shooting sports and empower women to be able to defend themselves.

I started a detailed response before NES decided to take a brief coffee-break and I lost the text.

Let's try it again.

Men can become "associate members", but based on my experience (I was one a few years ago), men get NO communications from SAS National (newsletters were only sent very sporadically to the female members).

Many women join SAS due to "past experiences" where they were victims of some sort of abuse by men. Therefore, with extremely rare exceptions, men are not welcome at their events.

Last edited:
Today I received my official Second Amendment Sister membership. I am really excited to join the organization and hope to be an active participant in the Massachusetts chapter. Is anyone else on NES an active SAS? I'd love to connect with some other members [cheers]

Welcome Kaisha! I'm the Boston Area Coordinator of SAS. I don't have too many activites going on at the Boston Club at the moment but hopefully I'm going to start up some seminars and practice sessions again after the summer. Lynne and group do a great job out at the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club on the 3rd Saturday of the month. They have organized practices and a lot of really interesting and informative 'mini symposiums'. My focus now is on introducing women to competition shooting so if you think you might be interested in that, let me know.

And, I hope you'll spread the word out in your neck of the woods!

Let me know if I can be of any kind of help.

Donna

(thanks Derek - boys will be boys)

Lynne and group do a great job out at the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club on the 3rd Saturday of the month. They have organized practices and a lot of really interesting and informative 'mini symposiums'. My focus now is on introducing women to competition shooting so if you think you might be interested in that, let me know.

And, I hope you'll spread the word out in your neck of the woods!

Let me know if I can be of any kind of help.

Donna

I am sooo excited to attend a group shoot at Braintree R&P. Unfortunately timing wasnt on my side because I just missed the shotgun course and the month of June is a blackout month. But as soon as I can I am going to join you girls for a group shoot. In the mean time I would love to get together with fellow SAS for any other upcoming events. In response to competition shooting, I am VERY interested. I have shot 1 IDPA and had a blast I definitely want to do it again. Please keep me updated on future events and also keep me in mind when you're in need of help with anything. I enjoy event planning and really do want to become an active participant in the Massachusetts Chapter.

Hope to speak soon!

Back
Top Bottom