Screwed again

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Back hurts like hell when I walk due to the arthritis. Have had cortisone shots in the past and they really help. I had the required MRI but the doc can't set me up for a shot because the Emerson hospital has banned "elective surgery". That must include the shot that I need. Oh well, I'm sure that there are some that need help more than I do. Worst of it is that Megan makes fun of the way that I stumble around. Anyway, the Vodka helps. Just hurts to go buy it. I'll survive. Jack.

Be sure to stay hydrated along with the vodka (which is a diarrhetic) . Back pain sucks....you have my sypathies.

Jack, drink more Vodka. Your back will feel better and you'll have something else to blame the stumbling on.
Thanks, Gerry. At least it doesn't hurt when I lay down, stand or sit. The vodka helps me to lay down sooner. Anyway, Little Jack has the Tommy and Grease Gun 'cause I can't lug them around any more. Jack.

Hope you find a Doc who'll give you a shot. Get Well!
~Enbloc

Oh, and Tequila makes a better pain killer. One or two shots and rub the worm on the affected area...

Back hurts like hell when I walk due to the arthritis. Have had cortisone shots in the past and they really help. I had the required MRI but the doc can't set me up for a shot because the Emerson hospital has banned "elective surgery". That must include the shot that I need. Oh well, I'm sure that there are some that need help more than I do. Worst of it is that Megan makes fun of the way that I stumble around. Anyway, the Vodka helps. Just hurts to go buy it. I'll survive. Jack.

That sucks. I'm stuck in the same crack.

I need to get another cat scan to see what’s going on with mine but I have been putting it off dreaming that it might settle down. Ain’t now way, no how, I’m going near a hospital. Not that they would see me anyway for the same reason.

Hang in there.

Bob

i get my shots in the docs office. just for the hell of it i'll see if he's taking new patients.
hang in there.
Please do. Are your shots to the back? When I've had shots in the past, they had this cat scan thingy over me to pinpoint the exact location to stick the needle in. Last time they broke the needle off, but had enough sticking out to pull it out. That was interesting. You lay there and the doc says "Oh shit". Jack.

Hope you find some relief soon! And keep those M2's on a mount- no more showing off:

1584655925639.jpeg

This isn't Megan making fun of you, is it?

Please do. Are your shots to the back? When I've had shots in the past, they had this cat scan thingy over me to pinpoint the exact location to stick the needle in. Last time they broke the needle off, but had enough sticking out to pull it out. That was interesting. You lay there and the doc says "Oh shit". Jack.
yes, they are assisted by a guidance system. but i have herniated discs not arthritis so procedure may differ. it throws a picture of the area up on a screen and the doc watches the progress of the insertion. honestly i don't exactly know what the apparatus is beyond x-ray, never really asked before.

When you get it done this time, get a tattoo of the location and skip the MRI... 🎯

Hope you find a Doc who'll give you a shot. Get Well!
~Enbloc

Oh, and Tequila makes a better pain killer. One or two shots and rub the worm on the affected area...
I'll see if Megan wants the worm. Jack.
Hope you find some relief soon! And keep those M2's on a mount- no more showing off:

View attachment 340049

This isn't Megan making fun of you, is it?

Thanks. I just played the video with the volume on and Megan, who is in her room for the nite, screamed her head off! Jack.

Try acupuncture. Coworker swears by it.

Try acupuncture.
yes, this could work. i had it done also for an unrelated problem as a last resort. it didn't work for me but it was the most relaxing hour i've had in years that didn't involve sex. i've been looking for an excuse to have more treatments. i went to the winchester hospital alternative medicine clinic so insurance picked up the cost.

Hi Jack,
I know your pain!
Try an ice pack and a couple of Motrin.

Get some rest!

Hope you feel better![wink]

My mother got a cortisone shot in her shoulder this past Tuesday at her Doctor's office.

However she also had a reaction this time. Called me early the next morning complaining of pain, itchiness all over, and unable to sleep. Got her Tylenol and Benadryl and she is better.

Hang in there Jack. Better days are coming.

yes, they are assisted by a guidance system. but i have herniated discs not arthritis so procedure may differ. it throws a picture of the area up on a screen and the doc watches the progress of the insertion. honestly i don't exactly know what the apparatus is beyond x-ray, never really asked before.
Sorry to hear that Jack and all. Because of the shutdowns all elective procedures are pushed back quite a ways. My hospital has turned into Covid central.

That imaging device is a C-arm. A mobile xray fluoroscope to do live xray imaging for the Pain docs to get into the joints to inject kenalog( steriod ) and bupivicaine (short term analgesic). We do a put load of them here and down the street at the Pain Center.

Try my spine guy Mark Finno at Orthopedics NE. Top notch credentials and he is a wizard with the magic juice. Haven’t had to see him in about 3 years. They may still be doing procedures.

Guy did pretty well for someone who had to go to Grenada to get into a med school.

In my opinion, Pain Treatment should never be considered "Elective Surgery"...
Yes, for those in pain it is an urgent matter. I see it day in and day out. Because of the subjectivity and complexity of pain an entire division of medicine arose called “Pain Management”. Unfortunately the fruit of that division is mostly a money grabbing entity built with finding the most lucrative way to enrich itself.

Have djd? Get offered surgery. No surgery? Steroid injections. Steroid injections not working? Get surgery. New pain from post surgery? Spinal cord stimulator or pain pump. That last step usually is the one that works well though seems more like fixing a mistake. Many surgeries yield unfavorable outcomes and no surprise as you find out via research and signing that consent form. Nerve pain and hardware issues can happen. Not often though. I do a huge amount of post op imaging and routinely ask my patients how their course went. Most of the time I hear very positive results.

Above all, to live a pain free life is something that many others take for granted. I emphasize with you who have that burden. The best course is to be well informed and make the choice that’s best for you and your lifestyle. God bless ya’ll! May you find the balm to the pain.

View: https://youtu.be/uepFO4psgKE

That imaging device is a C-arm. A mobile xray fluoroscope to do live xray imaging for the Pain docs to get into the joints to inject kenalog( steriod ) and bupivicaine (short term analgesic). We do a put load of them here and down the street at the Pain Center.
never knew exactly what it was, interesting. i've had another type of procedure done at the hospital in what looks to me as a surgical suite. it seems more complicated. the doc inserts what i call hollow thin little catheters right into the affected pain areas again using x-rays. the patient can watch along as well. the pictures seem extremely more detailed than my office visit treatment. is this basically the same c-arm, fluoroscope imaging device you talked about?

Back
Top Bottom