scouting pics

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

i was lucky enough to get a shot at this guy...with my cam that is. there was a 7 point just out side the frame. for those wondering i wont be shooting the white guy

White deer taste just like brown deer. The only reason not to shoot a white deer in this part of the country is because you have been corrupted by the irrational emotions of the libtards.

White deer taste just like brown deer. The only reason not to shoot a white deer in this part of the country is because you have been corrupted by the irrational emotions of the libtards.
i am far from being influenced by libs or anyone else for that matter... i guess your the kind of hunter that has no respect for the game he hunts. im sure he would be a good trophy and make a good story to tell your buddies, but in my eyes its more then just a kill.

i am far from being influenced by libs or anyone else for that matter... i guess your the kind of hunter that has no respect for the game he hunts. im sure he would be a good trophy and make a good story to tell your buddies, but in my eyes its more then just a kill.

What is your reasoning for not shooting Whitey?

ETA: Great pictures!

Nice pics. I need to get my camera back out... batteries are dead. All this dry weather killed the field of pasture mix I planted in the woods as a food source where I cut firewood last year. Thats where I was going to put it not so sure now.[thinking]

I don't know how I feel about shooting it either. I would probably sit in the tree stand pondering it while it walked by me and by then it would be too late.

i guess your the kind of hunter that has no respect for the game he hunts.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I have seen on this board. You sir are truely clueless.

I hunt for meat primarily. The color of the fir due to a genetic pigment mutation has no bearing on my decision to shoot or not. Neither should it be for you.

Choosing to preserve a unique animal is respectable. What does "neither should it be for you" mean? Why is it any of your business? The guy chooses to follow his own code of ethics when he is in woods. How is that anyone else's concern?

Choosing to preserve a unique animal is respectable. What does "neither should it be for you" mean? Why is it any of your business? The guy chooses to follow his own code of ethics when he is in woods. How is that anyone else's concern?

It not unique, piebaldism is a rather common genetic mutation in deer.

What I meant by "neither should you" is that there is no logical reason to place piebald or white (albino) deer off limits. They are the same as brown deer except for one misplaced gene.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I have seen on this board. You sir are truely clueless.

I hunt for meat primarily. The color of the fir due to a genetic pigment mutation has no bearing on my decision to shoot or not. Neither should it be for you.

He can choose to kill or not kill whatever animal he wants (within the law), just like you may choose a 3 pointer over a spike. You sound like a "libtard" trying to control his life.

He can choose to kill or not kill whatever animal he wants (within the law), just like you may choose a 3 pointer over a spike. You sound like a "libtard" trying to control his life.

What he said. Who gave you the golden gavel to decide whats right or wrong. I happen to know oneton and he is one hell of a competent hunter, marksman, and generally cool person. What gives you the right to judge him?

It is not unique, it is a piebald deer. I don't know what the frequency of it is, but they are not unique. I've seen a piebald doe before. I am not sure if I would shoot or not, but I wouldn't be critical of someone who did.
It used to be against the law to shoot "predominantly white" deer in NH, but that has not been the case for quite a while now. Reason being, they are not all that unique, and they certainly are no easier to hunt than a normal colored deer.

What he said. Who gave you the golden gavel to decide whats right or wrong. I happen to know oneton and he is one hell of a competent hunter, marksman, and generally cool person. What gives you the right to judge him?

i do have a friend on here =]

Nice Deer, I would shoot either but would take the one on the left for a couple of reasons, one he appears larger and two he has a nicer rack

I am not telling him what he should do. I am telling him, and whoever else that there is no logical reason not to shoot deer that are white or partially white. Emotional and irrational reasons, yes, but not logical ones. There is nothing "special" about them unless you consider that the pelt would make an unusual display rug.

The fact he thinks a white deer is special and should not be hunted shows what little he knows about true deer biology. Then he goes on to question my hunting ethics because I disagree with him on shooting white deer therefore I must not "respect my quarry". That only priceless little snippet only further exemplifies his complete ignorance and immaturity.

Then again maybe his choice is not out of ignorance, his wife may have forbidden him from shooting the pretty white one.... [smile]

I am not telling him what he should do. I am telling him, and whoever else that there is no logical reason not to shoot deer that are white or partially white. Emotional and irrational reasons, yes, but not logical ones. There is nothing "special" about them unless you consider that the pelt would make an unusual display rug.

The fact he thinks a white deer is special and should not be hunted shows what little he knows about true deer biology. Then he goes on to question my hunting ethics because I disagree with him on shooting white deer therefore I must not "respect my quarry". That only priceless little snippet only further exemplifies his complete ignorance and immaturity.

Then again maybe his choice is not out of ignorance, his wife may have forbidden him from shooting the pretty white one.... [smile]

I have a doe in my woods behind my house that I wont shoot 1. because she comes and eats with her fawn every year in my back yard and the wife and daughter like to watch her and 2. Because what is better than a scent drag? How about a doe that eats from my food plot religeously and has given me bucks before she is like a bottle of code blue just by existing haha.

i started this tread to post pics of what people have seen when out scouting. some how we got side tracked to weather or not white deer are "special" and should or should not be shot. i have my own reasons for not wanting to shoot one and shouldnt have to explain my self.

as for being immature, you are the one that ended with the snippet about my wife's thoughts

Last edited:
Went out scouting today. Although I didn't take any pictures, I did see plenty of droppings and prints....along with jumping 3 does. As I was headed back home, I heard somthing walking towards me. I stepped next to a tree and stopped. Less than 5 yards away was a young doe. She looked at me for 30 seconds before bounding 20 yards away and stopping to take another look at me.

I'd say it was a good day.

Nice photos!!! Personally, I would let both these deer go another year before shooting one. I would hold out for a more mature buck, or a large doe (depending on permit). They'll have a pretty nice racks in another year, and a lot more meat.

Nice photos!!! Personally, I would let both these deer go another year before shooting one. I would hold out for a more mature buck, or a large doe (depending on permit). They'll have a pretty nice racks in another year, and a lot more meat.

This is Mass, not Iowa....

i guess your the kind of hunter that has no respect for the game he hunts.
How the hell can you make a comment like this? Just because a person would shoot a white deer doesn't mean he doesn't respect the kill.

White deer are no diffrent then any other deer. If for some reason you want to make up some reason not to shoot it, then go ahead, but I'll shoot it and treat it the same as any other deer I have harvested.

How the hell can you make a comment like this? Just because a person would shoot a white deer doesn't mean he doesn't respect the kill.

White deer are no diffrent then any other deer. If for some reason you want to make up some reason not to shoot it, then go ahead, but I'll shoot it and treat it the same as any other deer I have harvested.

Hey look, someone else with a brain!!!

reps sent!!

Awesome pics!! No disrespect, but one of my goals in life is to shoot an albino or piebald deer. There's something mystical about them that makes them the ghost of the forest, and an ultimate trophy. At least if it's a nice white buck, I mean, that's rare! It's as good a goal as shooting one with a nice rack, though much rarer! Enough ranting, I've only ever seen a piebald doe before.

I just set my game cam this weekend and I hope it shows a couple woodland critters.

Back
Top Bottom