SCOTUS to get to McDonald v Chicago on monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer than I would have thought.... EDIT: And oh, good, a divided majority. Just what I wanted.[thinking]

I'm hoping that's just on the incorporation question and not the standard of review. Thomas was for PoI, the rest for DP, as expected.

I'm hoping that's just on the incorporation question and not the standard of review. Thomas was for PoI, the rest for DP, as expected.

I appears to be the incorporation question.

Opinion available. I'm reading now. See you guys much later!

5:4 means 4 judges don't even respect their own decisions. With this vote they said that decision that they made for DC don't apply to the country. How disgusting!

5:4 means 4 judges don't even respect their own decisions. With this vote they said that decision that they made for DC don't apply to the country. How disgusting!

You do realize that Heller was 5-4 as well, right? So how can 4 justices reneg on their Heller vote. Sotomayor was a given since she is just a moron. Would like to read Ginsberg's dissent, and not going to bother with Stevens since he is so far out there now its not even funny.

Maybe; I dont know what they said yet, the opinion is 214 pages.

Anyone else reading it? "Reading McDonald" thread?

You do realize that Heller was 5-4 as well, right? So how can 4 justices reneg on their Heller vote. Sotomayor was a given since she is just a moron. Would like to read Ginsberg's dissent, and not going to bother with Stevens since he is so far out there now its not even funny.

Of course I understand that, but that case is decided and is now law whether they like it or not. Going against incorporation means that they think decision that they made in DC does't apply for the rest of the country regardless of how they voted on Heller. Will they vote against incorporation on every DC case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom