• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School Orders Student Who Made Anti-‘Gun Control’ Video to Get Psych Evaluation

By David Codrea
ScreenHunter_02-Sep.-28-15.55-600x570.jpg
So are schools supposed to teach children how to grow into free-thinking citizens or compliant inmates? [News 12 New Jersey/Facebook]USA – "A Manville High School senior says that he was ordered to go for a psychological exam after an anti-gun control project he was assigned last year was found on his thumb drive at school,” News 12 New Jersey reports. “[Frank] Harvey was assigned the project during his junior year for a college career readiness class. He was tasked with putting together a video arguing against gun control laws.”The teacher doesn’t dispute that – she just tells the family she doesn’t remember giving that assignment. Harvey says he remembers getting an “A.”
That should be easy enough to check on, assuming records are kept. They are, aren’t they?
But say Harvey can’t prove his “innocence”—since when is supporting a Constitutionally-enumerated right cause for questioning mental health? And why would someone finding a thumb drive not stop at identifying its owner? And just what kind of hysterical “progressive” administrator would then turn around and sic the cops on the kid?
It’s curious—when Ahmed the clock boy brought his device to school, “progressives” all the way up to the president tripped all over themselves condemning the teacher, administrators and police for following official DHS “If you see something say something” protocols. But no devices were found on Harvey – just a video making the case for armed self-defense and presenting political cartoons pointing out the dangerous absurdity of “gun free zones.”
The anti-defense zealots are not just against guns, they’re against the idea of guns. And in true Soviet fashion, any who challenge official doctrine become candidates for the gulag under the pretense of “mental health.”
What’s unknown, since Harvey withdrew from Manville rather than subject himself to offensive mandated indignities, is what effect that will have should he later in life wish to actually purchase a gun. Especially if he stays in New Jersey.
This whole sorry episode highlights why gun owners need to be on vigilant guard against eroding the right to keep and bear arms via so-called “mental health” prohibitions – even those proposed by presumed “friendlies.”
What protections will exist to offset politically-connected anti-gun judges, politically-appointed boards, and “expert” adherents of the American Psychiatric Association’s “Position Statement on Firearm Access, Acts of Violence and the Relationship to Mental Illness and Mental Health Services.” It’s fair to ask, because APA includes in its advocacy platform registration-enabling, background checks, “smart” guns, storage requirements, “gun-free” zones, doctor-patient boundary violations, tax-funded anti-gun “studies,” all outside the scope of the training and credentialing of those making these proposals.
Also of interest – or it should be – how will rights be restored when there is no longer a compelling mental health prescription to deny them? What universal appeal mechanism – affordable to all, not just to elites for whom money is no object – will exist to declare a person is once more “eligible” to keep and bear arms? What guarantees are there that the same biases that colored the disability ruling in the first place won’t reassert themselves in the “parole” process? And have we identified psychiatric evaluators, risk management administrators and insurers who will be willing to subject themselves to malpractice liabilities should a person deemed “fit” be misdiagnosed? Or will the pressure be to “err on the side of caution”?
What due process protections equivalent to a jury trial will exist before going after a fundamental right?
There are those in the gun ban camp – no coincidence the crazier ones – who advocate that just wanting a gun is a sign of mental illness. Underlying that, we are portrayed as racist (naturally), impulsive, paranoid, angry, and suffering from “a crisis of confidence.”
There’s a reason why they call us “gun nuts.”

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/pub...rol-video-get-psych-evaluation/#ixzz4LemWr4EP

Funny, my son wrote a 10 page research paper on the folly of gun control sophomore year (last year) received an A+. Started a 3 day discussion in class and was ask to present it to his teacher's other AP History classes. All of this in one of the bluest of blue states. No repercussions, no psych evaluation, no nothing.

Funny, my son wrote a 10 page research paper on the folly of gun control sophomore year (last year) received an A+. Started a 3 day discussion in class and was ask to present it to his teacher's other AP History classes. All of this in one of the bluest of blue states. No repercussions, no psych evaluation, no nothing.
[thumbsup] To your son!

Speech police in full effect. We live in the damn Soviet Union these days.
So sad
I can predict it will be full retard on everything if HRC gets elected.
See below

No ****ing Doubt.
^ What he said!

"Have you ever had a court ordered psychiatric evaluation?" That will teach him to break orthodoxy- this will cost him jobs ad might make him a prohibited person.

This doesn't pass the sniff test. No public school I've heard of has the ability to compel a student to get a psych evaluation. Granted, I'm no expert on NJ schools, but I'd like to hear someone other than the student comment on this.

I've got no doubt the kid thinks the school ordered a psych evaluation, but adolescents get messages wrong a lot of the time.

This doesn't pass the sniff test. No public school I've heard of has the ability to compel a student to get a psych evaluation. Granted, I'm no expert on NJ schools, but I'd like to hear someone other than the student comment on this.

I've got no doubt the kid thinks the school ordered a psych evaluation, but adolescents get messages wrong a lot of the time.
If it was one of my sons, they would not be going to any evaluation. Period. End of story.

They might not to be able to have him hauled off to one, but I bet they could make it a condition of him returning to school.

They might not to be able to have him hauled off to one, but I bet they could make it a condition of him returning to school.

No way would that stand up in court. Depriving a willing kid of an education is a big 4a violation. That's why expulsion is a legal process.

Parents rule in a case like this. They can and should tell the school administration to get bent, then dare them to do anything about it when they send their kid back. Admin will cave; they've got no legal leg to stand on.

My mother had to go in for a meeting with the superintendent. He told her I called the bus driver a b1tch, she said, "from what I hear from other students she is". meeting over.

Same, expect I mooned the crazy lady behind us. [laugh]
Why am I not surorised? [wink]

My mother had to go in for a meeting with the superintendent. He told her I called the bus driver a b1tch, she said, "from what I hear from other students she is". meeting over.
Nice!
I got thrown off the bus for two weeks for screaming FU as the bus drove by us without stopping in 5 degree weather.
Can't say I blame you- freezing isn't fun. Potty mouth- ha!
Manville??? IRONY!!!!

Nothing good ever comes from NJ. Except for maybe this kid.
. Good point!

I got suspended for 5 days for calling the bus driver a b1tch.

The kid (Jake) who sat next to me on the bus got the shit slapped out of him by our bus driver for the same out burst. To further his embarrassment his grand mother whooped his ass as soon as he got off the buds.....ahh the good old days. I could only imagine what happened when grand ma tagged in mom and dad.

Back
Top Bottom