Salem Man Sentenced For Unlawful Possession of Machine Guns - Oh, And Also Wanting To Start a Race War

Possession of a machine gun under 26 U.S. Code § 5861 is a base level 16 offense, and there's no "enhancement" until you have 6 or more of them. So if he didn't have a criminal record, Federal Sentencing Guidelines called for 18-24 months. There's nothing unusual in pleading out in exchange for a recommendation of the minimum, and it looks like that's what happened here.

The Grand Jury did not indict on any "hate crimes," apparently feeling that his correspondence didn't rise to the level of a serious and imminent threat.
Looks like you may have misread by one line - 21 to 27 months, the 18-24 appears to be for a no-record level 15 offense.

This guy was completely out there!

Possession of a machine gun under 26 U.S. Code § 5861 is a base level 16 offense, and there's no "enhancement" until you have 6 or more of them. So if he didn't have a criminal record, Federal Sentencing Guidelines called for 18-24 months. There's nothing unusual in pleading out in exchange for a recommendation of the minimum, and it looks like that's what happened here.

The Grand Jury did not indict on any "hate crimes," apparently feeling that his correspondence didn't rise to the level of a serious and imminent threat.
If he’s already getting the 18 months, I don’t know why he wouldn’t just wing it and go for the 24.

As far as his racist shit. about “wanting to shoot black life matters protesters“ that’s not a crime. The shooting, the darker ones is better it’s just kind of over the top though in theory you’d be an equal opportunist…

You're all saying that this protected free speech but then when a mass shooting does occur you ask why LE didn't do anything to prevent it despite identifying the threat ahead of time. It's a fine line, isn't it? There's a difference between him saying "I hate blacks, someone should shoot em" vs "I hate blacks, I'm going to go shoot em" - the latter is a direct threat.

You're all saying that this protected free speech but then when a mass shooting does occur you ask why LE didn't do anything to prevent it despite identifying the threat ahead of time. It's a fine line, isn't it? There's a difference between him saying "I hate blacks, someone should shoot em" vs "I hate blacks, I'm going to go shoot em" - the latter is a direct threat.
I think the problem I have with it is that the FBI can allocate 20 agents to a fake noose in NASCAR, but they don't have one agent to investigate or tail a guy for a few weeks to determine the threat level. They are made aware, then do nothing, then complain that people believe they are in on these mass attacks.

Something smells here...

He expressed an interest in participating in lone wolf attacks in Massachusetts involving shootings in Lawrence, culminating in a plan to drive a truck bomb into the Massachusetts State House. Morris also wanted to “mag dump a crowd of Black Lives Matter protesters, especially the darker ones.”
Smells of Biden.

The dude had TWO machine guns, stated he wanted to start a war, yet:

Kyle Morris, 23, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Samantha D. Elliott to 18 months in prison and 3 years of supervised release. Morris was also ordered to pay a fine of $1000. On January 17, 2023, Morris pleaded guilty to the unlawful possession of machine guns. He was ordered to forfeit to the government the two machine guns seized during the execution of the search warrant at his home.

Where do I get a deal like that, in case I decide to start a war too!

It's not @SalemCat, is it?

Kyle Morris, 23, was sentenced by U.S. District Court Judge Samantha D. Elliott to 18 months in prison and 3 years of supervised release. Morris was also ordered to pay a fine of $1000. On January 17, 2023, Morris pleaded guilty to the unlawful possession of machine guns. He was ordered to forfeit to the government the two machine guns seized during the execution of the search warrant at his home.

Sock puppet on the hook for something much worse and gets a WAY better deal in exchange for a little role play?

Mag dump "especially the darker ones"? Really?

1692891371481.png

Sock puppet on the hook for something much worse and gets a WAY better deal in exchange for a little role play?

Mag dump "especially the darker ones"? Really?

View attachment 788734
I mean, if I ever did any of those things I don't think I'd see blue sky again until my death of old age. A hard enough look could put a frigging NUN in jail for more than 1.5 and 3. Somebody with a freaking swastika on his nose doesn't have SOMETHING they can find on his property/background for more than that? Did they check the ceiling in his hall closet?

He's either "somebody" or more likely, as you suggest, he's playing a role for govt.

Tell me you didn’t read the f***ing thread without telling me you didn’t read the thread smfh.

Well some of us ask that because there's often a fed LE type winding them up 50% of the time..... 🤣

Well some of us ask that because there's often a fed LE type winding them up 50% of the time..... 🤣
100.gif
Seriously, that "...mag dump the BLM. Especially the darker ones!" quote reeks of some sort of fabricated nonsense. If the perp actually said that, it's as if he was trying to sound less genuine than FJB and his teleprompter.

that is obsolete.
a conspiracy to commit an intention for pre-crime it is now.

Agree.
Based on what is written, if true, the guy is/was a whacko.
The Pre-Crime Units are doing quite well for themselves these days.
There was a time 10 years ago where just about all of NES would be on this guys side saying there is no crime here whatsoever.

I agree with you.. just can’t let distasteful comment turn into charges for precrime..

Constantly say things that are crossing the line is an indicator of a problem.. one off the cusp comment not so much.

My guess other then he previously interactions. He was a loon for a long time

Back
Top Bottom