Saiga heads up

I noticed the saiga sporter with the synthetic stocks in 308 with 16" & 22" were no longer pictured on the saiga importers website so i emailed them about it.

They emailed me back saying the saiga sporter is no longer on the import list.

This means if you want one you better find one quickly and buy it before there gone for good. Im talking about the saiga with black synthetic stock sporter in 308 only is no longer imported.

The only one we will see in 308 is the model 100 hunter 308 and the 308 saiga wood stock.

They didn't tell me why its no longer on the import list too.

I saw one not too long ago for $400 with side mounted scope, can't remember where, may have even been here on the classifieds section.[thinking]
Something about these rifles tells me to wait and see if I find one for cheap money. For a 7.62x39 rifle that I bought from Four Seasons for $179 along time ago (and regretably sold), I just don't see them going up much in collector value just because they're not imported anymore.
I'm sure sooner or later i'll run into a seller at either a show or shop that remembers them being cheap rifles and has one for sale for just a little more then what they were going for.

My first saiga sporter in 308 with the synthetic stock was only $307 OTD. Right now there $359 list but when they dry up who knows how much they will be worth to the ak collectors who want one. Just a while back they were going for much higher till the recent importation of them again but now with the sporter in 308 no longer being imported things will change again. This is one awesome gun not to have in your collection. I like it as a shooter/plinker its one of the most affordable 308's.

Back
Top Bottom