• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Saiga 12 FTF/FTE

I'm having problems shooting my Saiga. I'm using Remington managed recoil 00bk and they are not working. I'm having jamming issues. Turning my Saiga into a one shot wonder. Before this I used Royal Buck and never had a problem. I tried both 1 and 2 gas setting but got same result. Does my Saiga just not like this ammo?

My saiga hates certain ammo that used to run fine in her, before. I just checked and I have four holes. The newer production ones came with four holes in the gas block that make it more reliable with more ammo. That could be your issue.

Last edited:
There is a reliability gas kit that you can get for short money that increases the functionality of your Saiga. Better puck and a gas plug with 4 options. I had problems with mine until I installed this update and the shotgun works much better now.

When I had a Saiga 12, I remember checking for three or four gas port holes. All were visible except the last one. It had to be checked by using a bent paper clip. I've read that one of the ports can sometimes be partially blocked. If this is the case, and if those new-fangled reliability upgrades don't work, then you might need need to get some work done on it.

Reliability kit didn't help. Gonna remove the gas block and mod the holes.

Uh. This is nuts.

It reminds me of the guy who goes into a doctor with a complaint. He reaches his left arm across his chest and says "It hurts when i do this".

So the doctor looks at him and says "Then don't do that".

You have described a functional problem with ONE type of ammo, and people are telling you to fiddle with your gun.

How about switching back to the ammo that worked? Kindof the gun equivalent of "is it plugged in".

If you want to fiddle with your gun, thats great. But if you just want to solve the problem and get back to shooting, try switching back to the ammo that has worked for you in the past.

Don

Uh. This is nuts.

It reminds me of the guy who goes into a doctor with a complaint. He reaches his left arm across his chest and says "It hurts when i do this".

So the doctor looks at him and says "Then don't do that".

You have described a functional problem with ONE type of ammo, and people are telling you to fiddle with your gun.

How about switching back to the ammo that worked? Kindof the gun equivalent of "is it plugged in".

If you want to fiddle with your gun, thats great. But if you just want to solve the problem and get back to shooting, try switching back to the ammo that has worked for you in the past.

Don
That is a very valid point. I switched ammo because the place I shoot at switched to this low recoil stuff. And I kept buying it wanting it to cycle. Guess I need to get ammo elsewhere. I'll try different ammo first before I do any fiddling.

Last edited:
Did the reliability kit come with an adjustable gas plug?

If not I still say one from MD Arms should allow your Saiga to run anything. That's what they're designed to do.

Back
Top Bottom