• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sears 12ga SxS

wmass

NES Member
Looking for info on a Sears 101.7c 12 gauge. I understand it’s a Stevens 311c / higgins 101.7c made for Sears. I’m trying to help someone source a replacement complete forend. He inherited it from his father that passed away earlier this year and the gun was found in the house in pieces. Forend could not be found. I have found forends for the 311 but never specifically listed as the C variant and can’t find anything about compatibility.

Numrich has forends available for the 311C in 20-gauge and .410, so it night be good to contact them regarding a 12-gauge forend.

Another option would be sending the gun to Mitch Schultz of Gunsmithing, Ltd. in Southport, CT. Have Mitch replace the part(s) and look the gun over for anything else needing replacement. Or, asking Mitch specifically for a new forend.

The last option I can think of is looking on Gunbroker for parts. You can usually find parts on Gunbroker if you're patient and diligent enough.

Thanks for the direction. I’ve scoured Numrich for months but seems 12ga never shows up. I found a complete stock set on ebay that I may try. I’m just concerned about the variants. I’ll contact Mitch and rack his brain 👍

Thanks for the direction. I’ve scoured Numrich for months but seems 12ga never shows up. I found a complete stock set on ebay that I may try. I’m just concerned about the variants. I’ll contact Mitch and rack his brain 👍

Try Mike Orlen in Amherst, Mass, too. He specializes in barrel work but he might have a line on parts.

The forends cracked both wood and the cast metal part.
Gramps probably gave up on fixing it when the forend replacement was as much as a replacement gun lol.
Been hunting down parts myself.

This might help with ID a bit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom